Feed The Beast، معروفة بردو بFTB، ابتدت كعالم مخصص فيه تحديات لماينكرافت بوضع مودز كتيرة متنوعة. وكانت شبه السكاي بلوك، لما كان اللاعب بيبتدي على منصة صغيرة وتحتيها الفضاء (الفويد)، وكان لازم اللاعب يعدي العديد من التحديات. وعشان FTB كانت عندها مودز تكنولوجية، كان سهل أنها تستخدم بلوكس معينة وأيتمز عشان تسجل التحديات ومجهود اللاعب غير أنها كانت بتديله هدايا بعد كل تحدي.
واتغيرت الخريطة عشان تخلي كزة واحد يلعبوا مع بعض فسبق لتعدي التحديات. النسخة دي حصلت على شهرة كبيرة بعد لما Direwolf20 لعب ضد Mattabase لايف على Twitch.TV وكانوا أصلاً معروفين بلعبهم بالمودز اللي في الخريطة
مع توزيع الخريطة، ظهر أنه كان صعب جداً نقل المودز والملفات والإعدادات للي كان عايز يلعبهة. فقرروا تجميع المودز في مودباك واللي كان سهل توزيعه، واختراع لونشر واللي نظم التحميل.
The map went through various iterations, including the bedrock map - known for the challenge and reward structure made of bedrock. However most players that refer to the FTB map, truly mean the pyramid map, known for its large basalt pyramid that included various rooms that listed a set of items the player had to create in order to solve each challenge. That version was then updated to a harder version, known as FTB Insanity, which took many players 50 to even over 100 hours of play time to fully complete.
The modpacks are centered around mods built on the Minecraft Forge platform. They initially focused on mods of a technical theme, such as IndustrialCraft 2, BuildCraft, and RedPower 2. However, it then expanded to other genres, such as magic mods like Thaumcraft and Mystcraft.
The initial modpack was released as a beta in November 2012. It stayed in beta status for some time because of the necessity for mod authors to update their mods to Minecraft version 1.4, where everything became server based. This process proved a long road for a few of the mods that were core to the pack.
Other versions of the FTB Modpacks were created, including FTB Lite, which slimmed down the list of mods to assist new users learn the ins and outs without being overwhelmed. A Magic World pack, which focused on mods of a magical nature, was also released.
Many modpacks have since been released, and have been updated to the 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 versions of Minecraft. All of the modpacks featured on the FTB Launcher can be found on the Modpacks page. Mods included in the FTB modpacks can be found in the Mods Category.
The launcher was released as alpha during a livestream by Slowpoke101. The number of downloads quickly overwhelmed the server, leaving many users frustrated. After resolving the server issues, a beta version was released. A website, feed-the-beast.com, soon followed.
The main features of the launcher are:
- Automatically downloading a list of FTB modpacks and approved 3rd party modpacks.
- Automatically downloading all mod installation files and creation of the Minecraft instance.
- Full distribution support from all developers of the mods included in the modpacks.
- A planned set of config files, assigning unique ids to all mod blocks, items, dimensions, creatures, enchantments, and liquids, preventing overlaps that cause Minecraft to crash and were the frequent bane of users trying to manually install mods.
- Automatically downloading featured maps, such as the Feed the Beast challenge maps.
- Supports downloading of pre-configured server instances, making it very easy for admins to host the mods on a server.
ودلوقتي بعد ما عرفت شوية عن FTB، روح على صفحة التمهيد عشان تتعلم إزاي تحمل اللونشر، تختار مودباك وتبدأ تلعب!