We may be doing some large scale changes soon. Sorry for any inconveniences (graphical or otherwise) that there may be in the meantime.
This wiki needs you to improve its articles. You don't even need an account to start editing. Start by reading the guide on getting started.
Thaumcraft 4 is a continuation of the Thaumcraft 3 mod, both created by Azanor. Thaumcraft is based off of the form of magic known as Thaumaturgy. A person who performs Thaumaturgy is called a Thaumaturge. This person is also defined as a person who works wonders and performs miracles using the magical essences inside physical objects.
Thaumonomicon[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Thaumonomicon (Thaumcraft 4)
To start your magic adventure into Thaumcraft 4 you will need your Thaumonomicon. To craft the Thaumonomicon, you must create your first Wand and right click with it on a bookshelf that's placed in the world.
The Thaumonomicon is a reference book of all things thaumaturgical. It lists all the discoveries you have made so far and gives you a general impression of how much is left to learn.
Whenever you successfully research something and use the scroll, it will automatically be added to the Thaumonomicon. You can then browse through the discoveries and click on them to show more detailed information and any crafting recipes associated with those discoveries.
Wands[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Thaumcraft 4/Wands, Staves, and Scepters
The wand (and after more research the staff and the scepter) is the player's primary tool for interacting with magical objects. It can also be attached with wand foci to give certain abilities. Wands can be crafted from different wand cores and caps; rarer ones will boast higher vis capacities and vis discount bonuses respectively.
Plants & Trees[edit | edit source]
Thaumcraft 4 adds some magical plants to the game:
- Greatwood Trees are very large and majestic trees that can be found dotted all over the countryside. Their Wood is able to absorb impressive amounts of magic making it a popular component in the crafting of magical devices.
- Silverwood Trees are the rare and magical trees and a wondrous sight. Their Leaves shimmer with magical energy and their pale, soft Wood is valued for its purifying properties. The trees' magical nature is such that aura nodes often form within their hearts - this feature alone makes Silverwood Sapling (Thaumcraft 4) a prize beyond all measures.
- Shimmerleaf is the strange, glowing flower that only grows in the shadow of Silverwood trees. Instead of nectar, these flowers produce Quicksilver when breaking them with your hand.
- Cinderpearl is the hottest flower, and can only be found in the hottest of climates. These plants burn with elemental fire. They can be broken up to produce a fine powder akin to Blaze Powder.
- Mana Pods are the strange, pod-like plants only found growing on trees in the magical forests. They grow very slowly and can be harvested to yield one or two beans. These Mana Beans contain concentrated amounts of essentia. They can also be consumed, though the results are often unpredictable. They can be replanted, but cultivation is difficult and time-consuming.
Ores[edit | edit source]
Infused Stone[edit | edit source]
Sometimes auras contain so much primal energy that the latter will form crystals in solid stone. Such stones are called Infused Stones and will drop Shards when mined with a Pickaxe of any kind.
These Shards have various elemental properties and have many uses in Thaumaturgy. There are six types of shards that can harvested from these infused stones (Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Order, and Entropy) with each representing one of the primal aspects.
The shards can be combined together to form crystal clusters of each primal aspect (Aer, Ignis, Aqua, Terra, Ordo and Perditio or a mix of all six). Crystal clusters are used to make magic more stable and are used in infusion crafting to enhance safety. Breaking a crystal cluster causes it to shatter into its component crystals.
Cinnabar Ore[edit | edit source]
Amber Bearing Stone[edit | edit source]
The Pech[edit | edit source]
The Pech are strange humanoids can be found wherever the veil between worlds is at its thinnest. They seem drawn to the magical energies that abound in such places.
Guides[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]