We may be doing some large scale changes soon. Sorry for any inconveniences (graphical or otherwise) that there may be in the meantime.
This wiki needs you to improve its articles. You don't even need an account to start editing. Start by reading the guide on getting started.
Thaumcraft 5 is an overhaul of the Thaumcraft 4 mod by Azanor, for Minecraft 1.8. Thaumcraft is based off of the form of magic known as Thaumaturgy. A person who performs Thaumaturgy is called a Thaumaturge. This person is also defined as a person who works wonders and performs miracles using the magical essences inside physical objects.
Major changes from Thaumcraft 4[edit | edit source]
- Scanning and research have been modified. The research minigame is about the same, except each note has its own pool of research points, instead of all sharing the same pool.
- The aspect tree has been simplified, and the number of aspects reduced.
- Golems were redone completely.
- Nodes have been changed and work with the new Aura mechanic.
- Taint is more dangerous, and more Thaumcraft machines produce flux.
Thaumonomicon[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Thaumonomicon (Thaumcraft 5)
The Thaumonomicon is a reference book of all things thaumaturgical. It lists all the discoveries made so far and gives a general impression of how much is left to learn.
Whenever the player finishes researching something and uses the scroll, it will automatically be added to the Thaumonomicon. Then the player can browse through the discoveries and click on them to show more detailed information and any crafting recipes associated with those discoveries.
World generation[edit | edit source]
Flora[edit | edit source]
Ores[edit | edit source]
Amber Bearing Stone
Structures[edit | edit source]
- Barrow Den
- Infested Greatwood
- Sinister Obelisk (Single obsidisian obelisk with sinister node)
- Wisp Altar (Spawns in Hill biomes, has a sinister node and wisp spawner)
- Eldritch Altar (Entrance to the Outer Lands, Perhaps has cultists)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Tainted Lands Biome
- Outer Lands Dimension
[edit | edit source]
- Thaumcraft on the Minecraft Forum
- Thaumcraft on CurseForge
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (API)
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (localizations and bug reports)
Guides[edit | edit source]