As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
A New Dawn: Botania
|A New Dawn: Botania|
|Supported Minecraft versions||1.7.10|
A New Dawn: Botania (previously referred to as Botania: A New Dawn) is a fork of Botania by kotasc3. It is designed to be more simple then the original mod and allow more configuration. Its release caused much controversy, including requests to pull the mod, although the original mod author, Vazkii, stated "If you want to use the botania fork for whatever reason then use it.". A New Dawn: Botania was removed from CurseForge on September 25th, 2015 due to copyright purposes. Although Vazkii modified the license to allow the mod and Curse noted the project could be re-published, kotasc3 decided to only keep it uploaded on GitHub instead to avoid hate.
|“||I originally created this fork a couple of months ago just to add some personal changes. After Vazkii announced the permanently enabled passive withering I stumbled upon a post asking for a de-nerfed Botania, I decided that due to the recent change people might actually be interested it this little fork I had created so I fixed it up and added some more options to it then released it. It has never been my intention to rile up drama or Vazkii, or to try and steal his user-base, but simply to allow people to have the choice to play in their own way, nearly every change I have made from vanilla Botania is configurable so that you can pick and choose how you want to play. I honestly don't care if people hate it or think it is unbalanced or won't use it in their packs. The bottom line is that I made this fork for me, so as long as I use it I will continue to share it with others.||„|
On October 13th, 2015, A New Dawn: Botania was re-uploaded to CurseForge. The project went inactive in December of 2015.
List of changes[edit | edit source]
- Re-adds the passive withering config option for flowers (it is disabled per default).
- The Soujourner's Sash no longer requires Mana to be used.
- Removes the update checking ability as well as patreon abilities.
- The Flügel Tiara has its "flight bar" and other limitations removed (is configurable).
- The Ritual of Gaia can be performed underground.
- The Guardian of Gaia does not bind Dice to its attacker.
- Stairs, Slabs and Walls added by Botania can be disabled in the config.
- Allows the viewing of Mana required (can be disabled in the config).
- Adds Gaia Guardian's Head.
- Adds configuration for the Endoflame's burn time, to be set or disabled (is disabled per default).
- Adds configuration for the Thermalily and Hydroangeas cooldown, to be set or disabled (is disabled per default).
- Adds configuration to turn off the Guardian of Gaia's music.
- Various bug fixes.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]