|Supported Minecraft versions||1.12.2|
AbyssalCraft is an exploration-based mod created by Shinoow. It is influenced by eldritch magic and draws from the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It adds 4 new dimensions, new mobs, and new materials. It features its own in-game documentation in the form of the Necronomicon.
Dimensions[edit | edit source]
The Abyss dimensions (excluding The Dark Realm) are accessed by Gateway Keys, which place down a portal when used. To exit the Abyss, the player will have to walk through a corresponding portal in the Abyss dimensions.
The Abyssal Wasteland[edit | edit source]
The Abyssal Wasteland is the first Abyss dimension that the player will encounter. This dimension has a bright green sky and a dark ground. The mobs Death Ghoul, Abyssal Zombie, Zombie, Skeleton, Spectral Dragon and Skeleton Goliath spawn here.
The Abyssal Wastelands spawns abyssal versions of Overworld ores. These ores spawn at the same Y-level as their corresponding Overworld ore.
Pools of Liquid Coralium generate here. The terrain is slightly mountainous plains with dark green grass. The first boss of AbyssalCraft, Asorah, The Fallen can be spawned here.
The Dreadlands[edit | edit source]
The Dreadlands is the second Abyss dimension. This dimension has a red, Nether-like sky and maroon Dreadlands Grass on the ground. The Dreaded Abyssalnite Golem, Abyssalnite Golem, Dreadling, Dread Spawn and Dreadguard are the mobs that are found in The Dreadlands.
The ores Dreaded Abyssalnite and Dreadlands Abyssalnite are found in this dimension.
The Dreadlands contain different biomes such as the Dreadlands Mountains, Purified Dreadlands and Dreadlands Forest. Dreadlands Trees are commonly seen here. The second boss, Cha'garoth, The Dreadbeast can be spawned here.
Omothol[edit | edit source]
Omothol is the third Abyss dimension. This dimension has a completely black sky and the ground is filled with dark gray colored Omothol Stone. Remnants, Omothol Ghouls, Omothol Wardens and the Minions of the Gatekeeper are the mobs that populate Omothol.
Ethaxium Ore are found in Omothol.
The terrain here is generated on sky islands, and falling into the bottom void is very easy. The terrain consists of barren mountains and plains that is nearly completely made out of Omothol Stone. The third boss, J'hazar, Gatekeeper of the Abyss can be spawned here.
The Dark Realm[edit | edit source]
The Dark Realm is the fourth and final Abyss dimension. Unlike the other Abyss dimensions, The Dark Realm is accessed by jumping off the edge of an island in Omothol. Fall damage occurs when a player enters The Dark Realm. The player can exit The Dark Realm by using a Cha'garoth's R'lyehian Gateway Key to make a portal to Omothol.
Shadow Creature, Shadow Monster, Shadow Beast and Lesser Shoggoth populate The Dark Realm. The terrain here is completely made of dark violet colored Darkstone. The optional boss, Sacthoth, Harbinger of Doom is spawned rarely in this dimension.
Biomes[edit | edit source]
AbyssalCraft introduces various biomes to the Overworld.
Darklands[edit | edit source]
Darklands is a biome with purple grass and Darklands Oak Trees. Darkstone and Abyssalnite are found under the Darklands. This is the only biome in the overworld where Abyssalnite spawns underground.
There are 4 variants of the Darklands biome: Darklands Plains, Darklands Forest, Darklands Mountains and Darklands Highland. The Darklands Plains have less trees and is flatter, the Darklands Forest have a lot more trees, the Darklands Mountains consists of Darkstone mountains, and the Darklands Highland have elevated terrain and less trees. Depths Ghoul and Abyssal Zombie spawns in all variants of the Darklands.
Staying for a prolonged amount of time will inflict temporary blindness on the player; this can be changed in the mod's configuration file.
Coralium Infested Swamp[edit | edit source]
The Coralium Infested Swamp is a biome with teal grass and many Liquid Coralium pools. Vanilla Minecraft trees are found here, but with turquoise leaves. Liquid Antimatter pools spawn under this biome. Depths Ghoul and Abyssal Zombie spawns in the Coralium Infested Swamp.
Mobs[edit | edit source]
AbyssalCraft introduces 40 regular mobs and 4 bosses to Minecraft.
Hostile Mobs[edit | edit source]
Some of the hostile mobs of AbyssalCraft are listed below:
- Depths Ghoul, a mob that spawns in the Darklands and the Abyss dimensions and have zombie-like behavior.
- Abyssal Zombie, a zombie variant that spawns in the Darklands, the End and the Abyss dimensions. Can infect other zombies to become Abyssal Zombies.
- Evil Pig, a pig-looking mob that is hostile. Turns into Demon Pig when killed.
- Demon Pig, another pig-looking hostile mob. Spawns in the Nether and the Dreadlands, or when an Evil Pig dies. It Is resistant to fire.
- Dreaded Abyssalnite Golem, a mob that spawns in the Dreadlands and attacks nearby players and Abyssalnite Golems.
- Shadow Creature, the smallest of the 3 types of Shadow beings. All Shadow beings are covered in smoke and try to avoid sunlight. They spawn in the Darklands Mountains biome and The Dark Realm. They become invisible when it is dark enough.
- Shadow Monster, the medium-sized mob out of the Shadow beings.
- Dread Spawn, a mob that spawns in the Dreadlands Forest biome in large packs and is very slow.
- Dreadling, a mob that spawns in the Dreadlands and usually crawls around in the Dreadlands Mountains biome.
- Spawn of Cha'garoth, a mob that is only spawned by Cha'garoth and is a more powerful version of the Dread Spawn.
- Dark Offspring, a mob resembling a goat mixed with a dead tree, often spawns in the forest at night.
Neutral Mobs[edit | edit source]
Some of the neutral mobs of AbyssalCraft are listed below:
- Abyssalnite Golem, a mob that spawns in the Dreadlands and is hostile to Dreaded Abyssalnite Golem. If the player attacks one Abyssalnite Golem, all Abyssalnite Golems nearby become hostile to the player.
- Remnant, a mob that spawns in Omothol. A player with an Omothol Necronomicon or Abyssalnomicon can trade with it. If the player attacks one Remnant, all Remnants nearby become hostile to the player.
Elite Mobs[edit | edit source]
Elite mobs are hostile mobs that are tricky to kill. Some of the elite mobs of AbyssalCraft are listed below:
- Dreadguard, a large and powerful mob known to guard Cha'garoth's lair.
- Spectral Dragon, a mob that spawns in the Abyssal Wasteland and behaves similarly to the Ender Dragon. It is able to phase through most materials and heals Asorah.
- Shadow Beast, the largest and strongest mob out of the Shadow Beings,
- Skeleton Goliath, a tall skeleton with a Cudgel as it's weapon. The Skeleton Goliath spawns in the Abyssal Wasteland.
- Fist of Cha'garoth, a mob that is only spawned by Cha'garoth.
Boss Mobs[edit | edit source]
Boss mobs are the most powerful mobs in Abyssalcraft. They are listed below:
- Asorah, The Fallen, the first boss in AbyssalCraft. It spawns Spectral Dragons to heal itself. This boss is summoned in the Abyssal Wastelands.
- Cha'garoth, The Dreadbeast, the second boss in AbyssalCraft. It spawns Spawn of Cha'garoth and Fist of Cha'garoth to help itself. This boss is summoned in the Dreadlands.
- J'zahar, Gatekeeper of the Abyss, the third boss in AbyssalCraft. When J'zahar is killed, it will create a big explosion. This boss is summoned in Omothol.
- Sacthoth, Harbinger of Doom, an optional boss in AbyssalCraft. It spawns all types of Shadow beings. This boss is usually summoned in the Dark Realm, but can be summoned in other dimensions.
Anti-Mobs[edit | edit source]
When a mob or the player gets killed by Liquid Antimatter, which deals 5 points of damage every half-second upon contact, an anti version of the killed mob is generated. Anti-mobs are stronger than its normal variant, and will explode when touching the normal version of the mob.
Rituals[edit | edit source]
AbyssalCraft includes a magic system called Rituals.
Rituals require altars to be performed. Altars are player-made structures consisting of 9 pillars with one in the center. 8 types of different materials can be used to create altars. The central pillar of the altar is usually just called the Altar, and the side pillars are usually called Pedestals.
Shift right-click an Altar using a Necronomicon to complete an Altar or to perform a ritual. When performing a ritual, items must be placed on the altar, and a type of energy called Potential Energy is required. Rituals are used for various different tasks.
[edit | edit source]
- AbyssalCraft on the Minecraft Forums
- AbyssalCraft on GitHub
- The AbyssalCraft Wikia
- Support Shinoow on Patreon