|Start date||January 2nd, 2016|
|End date||January 3rd, 2016|
BetterThanMinecon 2016 (jokingly nicknamed Just Another Budget Minecon Attempt) was a BetterThanMinecon convention coducted by Asie. It occurred between January 2nd and 3rd, 2016. Unlike BTM 2015, the BTM 2016 convention was built in a skyblock world, with each mod constructing a booth for itself. This allowed for both more booths and much larger booths than BTM 15. The Mumble server was enhanced with Mumble Link and Positional Audio, causing players moving around the convention to hear only the conversations in their immediate area (rather than all chatter from the entire convention). Additionally, the single panel/presentation room was changed into two large talk halls, The Stage and White Dwarf, and the closing ceremony took place in The End. In this ceremony, Asie showcased an OpenComputers program that allowed a player to livestream their in-game camera footage to an Open Computers screen elsewhere on the same server.
Booths[edit | edit source]
Mod booths[edit | edit source]
- Actually Additions (Ellpeck)
- AwesomeSauceCore (Sandra)
- BuildCraft Additions (AEnterprise)
- Chisel (tterrag/Drullkus)
- Colorful Mobs (Darkhax)
- Computronics (Vexatos)
- Cooking for Blockheads (Blay09)
- Crafting Tweaks (Blay09)
- Ender IO Addons (HenryLoenwind)
- Enchanting Plus 4 (Darkhax)
- Factorization (neptunepink)
- Factum Opus (Vexatos)
- Flamingo (Vexatos)
- Fluxed Crystals 2 (Jaredlll08)
- Forestry (mezz)
- Framez 2 (amadornes)
- HelperTools (Doctor_Wiggles)
- Integrated Circuits (skyem123/Vic)
- Magneticraft (AlexisMachina, cout970)
- Matter Overdrive (Simeon)
- Mowzie's Mobs (Mowzie)
- OpenAutomation (Sandra)
- OpenComputers (Sangar)
- OpenRadio (XDjackieXD)
- Pam's HarvestCraft (Pam)
- Shizzel (Drullkus)
- SoulBound (Sandra)
- Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning (Blay09)
- Tinkers' Defense (Lance)
- TIS-3D (Sangar)
- Totemic (ljfa/Pokefenn)
- TrashSlot (Blay09)
- Ye Olde Tanks (shadowfacts)
- YUNoMakeGoodMap (LexManos)
- Zetta Industries (marcin212 and The Starchasers)
Other booths[edit | edit source]
- Adoptable Artist - EratoNysiad (EratoNysiad)
- Modpack - Horizons: Nightcrawler (Fortanono)
- Modpack - The Ferret Business (Caigan)
- OpenC Software - Plan9k (magik6000)
- Server - Yuon Survival (Major General Relativity)
- Unofficial Railcraft Booth (Vexatos/neptunepink)
Panels[edit | edit source]
The time was provided in UTC.
January 2nd[edit | edit source]
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM - Opening Keynote (asie). Recording here.
- 12:00 PM–12:30 PM - Demomaking in OpenComputers (GreaseMonkey). Recording here.
- 4:00 PM–6:00 PM - OpenComputers Workshop/TIS-3D Panel (Sangar). Recording here.
- 6:00 PM–7:30 PM - Mod Documentation & The FTB Wiki (PaladinOne). Recording here.
- 8:00 PM–9:00 PM - Evolving as a Modder - Design Decisions (asiekierka). Recording here.
- 9:30 PM–10:00 PM - Modern Minecraft Server Hosting (GreatOrator, SgtAce, Katelyn). Recording here.
- 10:15 PM–11:15 PM - Collaborative Server Life - BayCraft (SomniaStellarum, others). Recording here.
January 3rd[edit | edit source]
- 3:00 AM–3:30 AM - DFPWM Codec Design (GreaseMonkey). Panel materials here, no recording is known to have been made.
- 1:00 PM–2:30 PM - Do's and Don'ts of a YouTuber (Corjaantje). Recording here.
- 3:30 PM–5:00 PM - Fortranono's Idea Factory (Fortranono).
- 6:00 PM–7:30 PM - 1.8 Modding and You! (minecreatr). Recording here.
- 7:30 PM–8:20 PM - Modding beyond Minecraft - Terasology (Cervator). Recording here.
- 9:05 PM–9:30 PM - Ending Keynote (asiekierka). Recording here.
[edit | edit source]