The Chain Drive is a RotaryCraft machine used to transport Shaft Power over longer distances than would be practical with Shafts. It is functionally the same as the Belt Hub, but capable of handling higher Speed and Torque.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Belt Hub#Usage
The Chain Drive is used the same as the Belt Hub, with four slight differences.
- Chain Drives are linked using Chain Links instead of Belts.
- Chain Drives can operate at eight times the Speed (65,536 Rad/sec) and twice the Torque (16,384 Nm) of Belt Hubs.
- Chain Drives do not lose efficiency when wet.
- Chain Drives will not slip when overloaded. However, if their Torque limit is exceeded their chain will break, and if their Speed limit is exceeded they will explode.
See also[edit | edit source]