|Supported Minecraft versions||1.12.2|
FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock
Age of Engineering
Ender IO is a large, ender-themed mod that combines technology with magic. It was created by CrazyPants and is currently maintained by HenryLoenwind and tterrag1098. The mod is centered on various kinds of teleportation and adds many different machines and items for all purposes, including ore processing, farming mobs, transport, automation, and player progression. Ender IO uses Forge Energy for its power system, naming its power units Micro Infinity (µI).
The mod was named after the Ender IO, a device that allowed players to remotely interact with machines close to the Ender IO. It was removed during the mod's update to Minecraft version 1.12.
Content[edit | edit source]
Ender IO is mainly focused on machines and transport. It extends traditional machinery with ender magic, introducing unique additions to well-known concepts.
The mod's essential machines like the Alloy Smelter and SAG Mill are popular since they can process many materials efficiently, often including materials from other mods. The SAG Mill is notable due to its use of Grinding Balls which boost its output, making it a powerful late-game option for ore processing. Other machines are used solely to create materials and crafting components for other Ender IO items and machines.
Alloys created in the Alloy Smelter are at the core of Ender IO's progression. Players have to collect rare materials, often from The Nether or The End, and sometimes process them further to create higher-tier alloys and craft better items and machines. Dark Steel is a prominently featured alloy that is used to craft many different machines, as well as armor and tools which can be enhanced through upgrades.
The mod is famous for its conduits, cable-like transport devices with a special ability: different types of conduits (Item, Fluid, Energy, Redstone and more) may be placed within the same block space, allowing for highly compact transport and automation.
Teleportation is a large part of Ender IO's theme. Items and fluids may be instantly teleported through conduits; the Dimensional Transceiver connects with conduits (or alternatives from other mods) to cover large distances and enable instant transport across dimensions. Players can utilize different personal teleportation abilities as well, for example with the Staff of Traveling and/or Travel Anchors, and eventually the Telepad.
Modules[edit | edit source]
Ender IO is divided into several modules. It is available as a monolithic installation, which includes all modules in a single mod file, and a modular installation, which allows players and modpack creators to use a selection of modules.
The main content modules are:
- Base – adds all Ender IO items and materials
- Machines – adds all Ender IO machines
- Conduits – adds all Ender IO conduits
Additionally, there are several integration modules which add functionality for other mods:
- Applied Energistics 2 – adds conduits that function similarly to Applied Energistics 2's ME Glass Cables
- Open Computers – adds conduits that can replace OpenComputers' Cables
- Refined Storage – adds conduits that can replace Refined Storage's Cables
- Forestry – adds Item Conduit filters for Forestry bees, as well as bee-focused armor upgrades
- Tinkers Construct – adds support for Ender IO materials to Tinkers' Construct
Addons[edit | edit source]
A collection of addon modules, which are not included in the monolithic installation and need to be installed separately, is available:
- Zoo – adds several mobs, as well as three new types of TNT
- Endergy – greatly expands Ender IO with new materials, adding higher tiers of conduits, tools, armor, and capacitors
- Stellar Fluid Conduits – adds a powerful fluid conduit to the Endergy addon
- Gas Conduits – adds conduits that can transport Mekanism gases
- Facade Painter – allows painting of Conduit Facades in a crafting grid, reducing the importance of a Painting Machine
Zoo and Endergy are official addons, while the others are officially recognized third-party addons.
[edit | edit source]
- Ender IO on CurseForge
- Ender IO on GitHub
- Ender IO on the Minecraft Forums
- Official Ender IO website