|EU use||5 EU/t|
|EU storage||2,000 EU|
|MJ use||0.00005 MJ/t|
|MJ storage||0.02 MJ|
|RF use||8,000 RF/t|
|RF storage||20 RF|
|Tesla use||20 T/t|
|Tesla storage||8,000 T|
The Energized Smelter is a machine added by Mekanism. It is an electric furnace and the final step in the Mekanism Ore-Processing system. It is also used as a component in crafting the Basic Smelting Factory.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Energized Smelter can do the same as an vanilla Furnace, but requires energy instead of coal. Furthermore upgrades can be installed and regulations for item transport can be specified.
Energy supply[edit | edit source]
The Energized Smelter requires energy to operate, which can be supplied directly by using portable power devices like the Basic Energy Cube, placing a generator or energy storage device next to it, or indirectly via cables. In addition to the machines from Mekanism, the generators, energy storage, and cables of all supported power systems (IndustrialCraft 2, Thermal Dynamics, BuildCraft and Tesla) can be used to supply energy to it. If no external energy supply is available, power can be supplied by portable energy storage cells, like the Basic Energy Cube or RE-Battery, which can be inserted in the energy slot in the GUI.
GUI[edit | edit source]
Right-clicking on the machine opens its GUI (shown in the picture).
Slots[edit | edit source]
- The red slot is the input slot for the material to be smelted
- The product appears in the blue slot.
- The green slot and the vertical meter on the right side accepts charged portable power sources (such as a Basic Energy Cube or RE-Battery) and displays the current energy in the machine respectively. Portable sources are only needed if there is no external energy being supplied.
[edit | edit source]
- The upper-left button (called "Side Config") opens the configuration of the Energized Smelter, where the player can set which side should receive energy as well as receive or emits items. If a side is disabled, no cable connects on this side. In order for the machine to transfer its products to a pipe system or an adjacent machine, "Auto Eject" must be enabled here. If the player holds the Configurator in their hand, the cube displays a color code on the side the player is looking at. Grey means "Off", green means "Input energy", red means "Input item" and blue means "Output item". Shift right-clicking on a side with the Configurator changes the configuration of each side.
- The middle-left button (called "Transporter Config") opens a GUI which allows the player to define specific rules for routing items if mechanical pipes are connected.
- The lower-left button changes the displayed energy system between Energy Units, Redstone Flux, Minecraft Joules, and Tesla. The change only affects the display; the energy is still available in all forms inside the system.
- The upper-right button opens the upgrade GUI. Upgrades can be added here, such as the Energy Upgrade to improve energy efficiency. Other possible upgrades are the Speed and MufflingUpgrades.
- The middle-right button opens the GUI to configure the access rights for the machine.
- The lower-right button changes the behavior to Redstone:
- "High" = operates only if a signal is received
- "Low" = operates only if no signal is received
- "Disabled" = operates independently from redstone signals