|Past developers||progwml6, unv_annihilator, jjw123|
|License||Apache License version 2|
The launcher's alpha version was released during a livestream by slowpoke101. The number of downloads quickly overwhelmed the server, leaving many users frustrated. After resolving the server issues, a beta version was released. The FTB website soon followed.
The main features of the launcher were:
- Automatically downloading a list of FTB modpacks and approved 3rd party modpacks.
- Automatically downloading all mod installation files and creation of the Minecraft instance.
- Full distribution support from all developers of the mods included in the modpacks.
- A planned set of config files, assigning unique ids to all mod blocks, items, dimensions, creatures, enchantments, and liquids, preventing overlaps that cause Minecraft to crash and were the frequent bane of users trying to manually install mods.
- Automatically downloading featured maps, such as the Feed the Beast challenge maps.
- Supporting pre-configured server instance downloads, making it very easy for admins to host the mods on a server.
The Twitch Desktop App is now the recommended launcher. The FTB Launcher still functions and is maintained as a Linux compatible launcher for FTB modpacks.