Feed The Beast Wiki:2016-2017 Marathon
|This page is archived and is kept primarily for historical purposes. Please do not update it.|
The 2016-2017 Marathon (an editathon) is an event for any and all FTB Wiki contributors to take part in. It did not have an official start; it can start at any time a participant wishes so. However, after starting, said participant must continuously contribute for a year, or rather, for the rest of the year (until it is 2017).
Keep in mind times are subjective due to time zones. The ending/starting time for each editor will likely be at different times, but it should end at 12:00 AM in the editor's local time (or 00:00 in 24-hour time).
All wiki activity is encouraged- new documentation, translating, maintenance, etc. Bathroom/snack breaks are okay, as long as they aren't too long.
This editathon is more geared for experienced editors, but any newcomers that would like to participate are certainly welcomed. If you're new to wikis, feel free to check out the Getting started guide as well as the other guides and guidelines. It is recommended to stay in contact with other editors through the IRC channel, in order to prevent any edit conflicts, ask for help and suggestions, and generally improve the experience by sharing it with others.
- LuminousLizard, starting at 09:37, 31 December 2016 (UTC), ending at 23:00, 31 December 2016 (UTC), working on RedLogic and, when finished, on Mekanism documentation.
- ImmortalPharaoh7, starting at 16:39, 31 December 2016 (UTC), ending at 21:21, 31 December 2016 (UTC), working on Thaumic Tinkerer and maybe some Thaumcraft 4 and other magic mods documentation.
- TheSatanicSanta, starting at 19:59, 31 December 2016 (UTC), ending at 11:23, 1 January 2017 (UTC), working on EI and FSP and stuff.
- Xbony2, starting at 20:00, 31 December 2016 (UTC), ending at 04:59, 1 January 2017 (UTC), probably working on Immersive Engineering documentation.
- Chocohead, starting at 23:04, 31 December 2016 (UTC), ending at 01:45, 1 January 2017 (UTC), working on breaks with random interspersions of IC2.
The exact statistics haven't been gathered, but much was done this editathon, likely a lot more than last year! It can certainly be considered a success. Trying our best to round out breaks, around 36 hours of documentation was created among the five "editathoners". RedLogic, Thaumic Tinkerer, JABBA, Glow, Immersive Engineering and IndustrialCraft 2 all received at least some attention. Reactions were generally positive, although maybe for a few users there were too many breaks. The next editathon might be a renewed version of the Ye ol' Editathon, although it might be moved back if BetterThanMinecon Retro takes place at the same time.