Feed The Beast Wiki:2017-2018 Editathon
|This page is archived and is kept primarily for historical purposes. Please do not update it.|
The 2017-2018 Editathon (an editathon) is an event for any and all FTB Wiki contributors to take part in. It does not have an official start; it can start at any time a participant wishes so. However, after starting, said participant must continuously contribute for the rest of the year (until it is 2018).
Keep in mind times are subjective due to time zones. The ending/starting time for each editor will likely be at different times, but it should end at 12:00 AM in the editor's local time (or 00:00 in 24-hour time).
All wiki activity is encouraged: new documentation, translating, maintenance, etc. Bathroom/snack breaks are okay, as long as they aren't too long. Just no big breaks like last time; you know who you are and you suck.
This editathon is more geared for experienced editors, but any newcomers that would like to participate are certainly welcomed. If you're new to wikis, feel free to check out the getting started guide as well as the other guides and guidelines. It is recommended to stay in contact with other editors through the FTB Wiki Discord or the IRC channel, in order to prevent any edit conflicts, ask for help and suggestions, and generally improve the experience by sharing it with others.
This is a promotion by Xbony2. Neither Curse nor Twitch sponsors or endorses this promotion, nor are they responsible for this promotion.
- Xenoflot, starting at 20:20, 30 December 2017 ending at 15:49, 31 December 2017 (UTC), working on Factory Tech documentation.
- Xbony2, starting at 14:59, 31 December 2017 (UTC), ending at 05:01, 1 January 2018 (UTC), cleaning up some stuff, probably just making random documentation, and literally documenting the entirety of WikiPack 3 (it will be done, just watch!). Honestly it probably won't be that continuous, guests are coming over so that might take up a lot of time.
- Lykrast, starting a bit before 16:38, 31 December 2017 (UTC), ending at 20:29, 31 December 2017 (UTC), working on Calculator documentation.
- Hubry, starting at 16:49, 31 December 2017 (UTC), ending at 23:22, 31 December 2017 (UTC), working on ending Botania for the 1000th time. Probably won't finish it though, as usual.
- Crazierinzane, starting at 17:09, 31 December 2017 (UTC), ending at 22:29, 31 December 2017 (UTC), working on Cyclic documentation.
- Trytoonex, starting at 18:54, 31 December 2017 (UTC), ending at 12:20, 1 January 2018, working on documenting Mystical Agriculture, expand the Extra Utilities 2 documentation and translating to French. Probably helping to document the WikiPack 3 too.
- Retep998, starting at 18:09, 31 December 2017 (AoE), ending at 00:00, 1 January 2018 (AoE), doing stuff.
At first, the host, Xbony2, was concerned that the editathon might just end with only two participants. However, it ended with seven participants, which was two more than 2016-2017 and three more than 2015-2016. And biggest of all, most of these participants were not senior staff but newcomers (only Xbony2 participated in a New Years editathon besides from this one). Pretty good. Plenty of mods were documented, including an entire modpack (the modpack was indeed fully documented, although maybe not the mods inside of it), and there was content from Factory Tech, Immersive Engineering, Rustic, Calculator, Botania, Cyclic, Extra Utilities 2, French translation, and a bit of GregTech 6. Not everyone made it to midnight, or went without a long break, but the majority of that was due to social obligations rather than laziness. No stats have been gathered, but it feels like more than last year, and that's great. Good way to start off the year. The next editathon... who knows? The last Ye ol' Editathon wasn't very successful, but maybe some editors would have a renewed interest in it. Feel free to poke Xbony2 with ideas.