Feed The Beast Wiki:Beginners make mistakes
Beginners make mistakes. Beginners, usually referred to as "new users", make errors. In fact, all users make mistakes, but beginners almost always make mistakes.
How can a beginner not make a mistake? There's a lot to know about contributing to a wiki, and a lot that could go wrong; looking through existing examples, guidelines and guides can minimize this, but sometimes there being more to consider only makes it more confusing.
So, don't feel bad if you make a beginner's mistake! Part of learning is making mistakes. How can you improve without any? Any editor that's ever contributed new content have all had their errors. Don't be proud of your mistake, but don't be too embarrassed of it; everyone makes them!
Trusted editors' beginning mistakes[edit source]
- Chocohead's first article had an incorrect category and was missing a language bar.
- Most of TheSatanicSanta's early contributions contained tonal and grammar issues.
- Retep998's first article lacked a language bar and categories. It also has tonal issues.
- PaladinAHOne's first attempt at creating a wikitable showing the fuel burn times in the Bronze Blast Furnace crashed the server.
- 3tusk's first translation overrided the English translation (the page is now at Mod Compatibility (GregTech)/zh-cn, entitled "格雷科技的Mod兼容性").
- Xbony2's first article was missing the navigation box, categories, and a language bar, and it also contained several grammatical mistakes.
- LuminousLizard's first translation of the GregTech 5 navbox broke up dozens of links and icon images, and one of his first article (Pickaxe (GregTech)) contains only seven types of pickaxes. The remaining 105 he overlooked.
- (Former) Padfoote's first article had bad parameter values and categories.
- (Former) Enoch5's first article was a stub, and had incorrect links.
- SirMoogle's first few new articles were missing language bars.