Feed The Beast Wiki:Let's Just Do It Editathon
|This page is archived and is kept primarily for historical purposes. Please do not update it.|
The Let's Just Do It Editathon (an editathon) is an event for any and all FTB Wiki users to take part in. The editathon officially started on June 18th, 2017, at 12:00 AM EST (5:00 AM or 05:00 UTC) and ended on June 24th, 11:59 PM EST (June 25th, 4:59 AM UTC).
New editors are encouraged to create or extend or translate or improve any of the documentation as desired! Anything that improves this wiki counts. Experienced participants should work on helping newcomers if possible, as well as maybe finishing off anything that's been lingering on the TODO list for too long. Participants do not need to edit continuously, although they are encouraged to sink a fair amount of time into the editathon.
It is recommended to stay in contact with other editors through theIRC channel in order to prevent edit conflicts, ask for help and suggestions, and generally improve the experience by sharing it with others.
Sign-ups started at June 15th, 2017, at 12:00 AM EST (5:00 AM UTC). You can sign up late/during the editathon if desired.
This is a promotion by Xbony2. Neither Curse nor Twitch sponsors or endorses this promotion, nor are they responsible for this promotion.
Newbie help section
- Not sure how to get started? Maybe try.... the Getting started guide! There are also other pages worth looking at, including the Manual of Style and Article creation guideline.
- If possible, asking for the creation of a tilesheet (what's used to make all of the little pictures) for a particular mod is easier to take care of before the editathon than during. If need be, you might be able to ask an experienced editor to make a navbox for you if you can't be bothered to do that.
- Collaborating to document a particular mod is certainly possible, but keep in mind MediaWiki as not as good at handling collaborations as something like Google Docs. If collaborating, make sure to communicate with your partners so you don't accidentally write the same article independently, and consider backing up your edits (just copying them into the clipboard before saving is usually good enough) if working on an important page to avoid potential edit conflicts.
- Don't be shy to ask for help! is the best place to do this.
- The host (Xbony2) will give a $20 Steam gift card to the participant with the most contributions of both quality and quantity, based on participant voting using these voting rules. Steam is not a sponsor of this promotion, nor does the FTB Wiki have any association with Steam.
- Additionally, Gamepedia will automatically give "PRO" subscriptions to active editors. This removes ads and may have other perks.
- ImmortalPharaoh7 working on magic mods, mainly Thaumcraft 4 and its addons. Probably some Botania or Blood Magic and if there's time left, some translations.
- Xbony2 doing GregTech 4, and probably other mods, he doesn't know.
- Antillar doing GregTech 5 Unofficial.
- Eladkay working on Scanner, Silimatics, LibrarianLib, Trampling I hope and probably some Modoff related things.
- frenchiveruti will complete the EnderIO Navbox, until every link ain't blue, no sleep for y'all!
- Retep998 considering working on GregTech 6 maybe.
- Daedalus_27 possibly working on Metallurgy pages and touching up some others.
- TheSatanicSanta being lazy and doing very little probably
- Simonatorjr working on translating pages to french.
- Chocohead poking IC2 if there's time between breaks.
- SirMoogle helping out on Thaumcraft 4 addons, primarily Thaumic Bases.
- Andyglover learning the ropes, contributing where I can.
- Hubry mostly doing maintenance and hanging out in IRC.
- 3tusk is convinced and going to wrap up translations of all Natura-related pages.
- Sokratis12GR eh ArmorPlus things
The Let's Just Do It Editathon was very successful! It was advertised on /r/feedthebeast/ and the FTB Team's Twitter (great thanks for the shoutout). Participation was great. This editathon had 15 "editathoners"! This was a little bit less than the 200k Editathon with 17 participants, but arguably the participants of this editathon were more active.
We didn't keep track of the amount of edits made during the editathon but it was a lot. And very importantly, this edits were not purely bulk but also of good quality.
After voter consensus we decided that SirMoogle deserved the gift card the best, based on his contributions to Thaumcraft 4 and its addons (in particular Thaumic Bases). We applaud his services, and the services of the other editathoners that also worked hard. If you didn't win, don't be disappointed; your contributions are still greatly appreciated and it's possible you'll have another chance to win in a future editathon.
Since the editathon is over, all editathoners can take it easy! We do encourage you newbies, however, although we don't require you, to continue editing. Of course, you're absolutely free to edit at your own pace, or to not edit at all. You can continue and aim to finish the projects you started and maybe start new projects as well.
Once again, this editathon was a great success. Some time at the end of the summer, the 2016 Ye ol' Editathon will be renewed with the 2017 Ye ol' Editathon! There won't be any prizes, except for the valuable prize of wiki progress, and it probably won't be as advertised, but it will certainly be fun to go back in time to document the old versions.
Edits to the editathon page or talk page are excluded from the counts. New page counts do not include page moves or creations of pages within the Translations namespace (those are counted as translation edits).
|User||Total wiki contributions||Translation edits||New pages||Page moves||Code contributions|
|ImmortalPharaoh7 (c)||132||28 (16 fr, 8 arz, 4 markings)||57||0||0|
|Xbony2 (c)||592||409 (6 bg, 3 da, 54 de, 35 en-gb, 16 es, 6 es-ni, 83 fr, 31 it, 8 ja, 3 ko, 7 nl, 15 pt-br, 26 ru, 7 sr, 6 sv, 1 zh, 90 zh-cn, 12 markings)||43||0||4 (ESAEBSAD, SatanicBot)|
|Retep998 (c)||105||1 (1 marking)||13||12||2 (ftb-rs, mediawiki-rs)|
|TheSatanicSanta (c)||648||348 (18 es, 66 es-ni, 14 fr, 20 tl, 229 tl-b, 1 marking)||30||4||16 (ESAEBSAD, SatanicBot, MediaWiki-Butt)|
|Simonatorjr (c)||356||356 (356 fr)||0||0||0|
|Chocohead (c)||382||380 (380 en-gb)||2||0||0|
|3tusk (c)||150||150 (150 zh-cn)||0||0||0|