Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Feed The Beast Wiki talk:Community portal
|This talk page is for discussion of the "Community portal" page only.|
For topics that cover the entire wiki, please use the Centralized discussion.
SO I was using a quarry, and one of the pipes broke, and when I continued to send power it still wouldn't repair. Does anyone know how to fix it?
The way I have this set up is to have a magmatic engine powering a pump, which would direct the water to the force engines (that run on water and oil), it was. It gives about 3 MJ with a throttle of 2. -- The preceding unsigned comment was added by KangraDiddery (talk • contribs)
- KangraDiddery- this isn't really the place for support. Though I'd just break the Quarry and replace it. -Xbony2 (talk) 22:32, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
Community portal designs[edit source]
Roll your eyes at me if you will, but with the renaming and remarketing, there's going to be a lot of eyes looking our way and a lot of potential. That's why I'm opposed to simply slapping on a new logo, poking the CSS a tiny bit and calling it a day; I want us to appear as professional as possible. Part of that is redesigning this page. The community portal is where new editors go first, so it's really not that great ours hasn't been touched much since 2013. Anyway, here's a list of community portals that we can look at for ideas-
- Gamepedia Help Wiki
- Minecraft Wiki
- MediaWiki Wiki
- Wikipedia (Jinbobo somewhat copied some ideas from this)
- Gamepedia's default layout
- Are you sure new editors come here first, surely either the first place they go is the style guide, or they don't go anywhere and just edit a page? Chocohead Nag• Edits• Staff 20:26, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Okay, it's the first place they are directed to go. It's like the main page of editing. It's also the first page that shows up in the search bar when you type "Project:", which means it's likely the most popular page in this namespace. -Xbony2 (talk) 22:02, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- I agree with Bony that this page should suck less and is not being used anywhere near its potential, but I also agree with Choco in that this page is probably not where editors first go. -- SatanicSanta🎅FTB Wiki Admin 08:32, 11 March 2017 (UTC)
- (Also note when going through the list a number of the wikis have language variants that may or may not be worth looking at) -Xbony2 (talk) 21:13, 2 April 2017 (UTC)