Implosion Compressor (GregTech 5)
- This page is about the Implosion Compressor added by GregTech 5. For other uses, see .
The Implosion Compressor is a higher-tech multiblock version of the Compressor added by GregTech 5. It is used to compress gem dusts into gems and to compress Iridium Alloy Ingots into Iridium Reinforced Plates.
In order to function, the Implosion Compressor consumes a small amount of EU and a notable amount of Industrial TNT.
The machine is constructed as a hollow 3x3x3 structure composed primarily of Solid Steel Machine Casings. The Implosion Compressor control block must be placed in the center of one side, and the center top block must be a Muffler Hatch. The other blocks may be replaced with, and must include,
- 1 Input Bus
- 1 Output Bus
- 1 Energy Hatch (use LV, anything higher is unnecessary)
- 1 Maintenance Hatch
At least 16 Solid Steel Machine Casings must still be present within the structure.
As with all other GregTech multiblock machines:
- Insufficient energy supply will destroy the currently processed material (however this should not be an issue as the Implosion Compressor consumes so little energy).
- When the Output Bus is full, the Implosion Compressor will continue to work and will destroy all newly produced items.
- Do not build a multiblock machine over chunk borders. Doing so can lead to unpredictable behavior. If you have NEI installed (which you should), chunk borders can be viewed by pressing F9 (by default).
- Before using the Implosion Compressor for the first time, maintenance must be performed.
- To activate or deactivate the Implosion Compressor, hit its control block with a Soft Hammer.