Infusion Altar (Thaumcraft 5)
- This page is about the Infusion Altar added by Thaumcraft 5. For other uses, see .
The Infusion Altar is a multiblock added by Thaumcraft 5. It is used to create various advanced blocks and items.
Construction[edit | edit source]
Base Vis Cost:
75 of each.
Ancient Vis Cost:
75 of each.
Eldritch Vis Cost:
125 of Ordo.
75 of each other type.
Reduces cost but increases instability.
Reduced instability and increased speed but increased cost.
When finished, right-clicking it with a Wand will assemble the Infusion Altar, consuming different Vis per type.
Types gallery[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
The main item (the item to be infused) rests on the central pedestal. The components being infused into the item rest on the pedestals surrounding the central pedestal. The Infusion Altar will also draw Essentia, the amount and type varying per recipe.
Steps[edit | edit source]
- First, the Infusion Altar will consume the Essentia needed to make the item.
- Then, the Infusion Altar will consume the items needed to make the item.
- Then, the item will be created.
Steps gallery[edit | edit source]
For the Boots of the Traveller.
Instability[edit | edit source]
Thaumcraft 5 has various "instabilities"- when an infusion recipe is unstable, various things can go wrong- items will ejected, lightning will come out of the Runix Matrix and may strike the player, and warp may be given. Here are all of the instabilities, from least unstable to most unstable-
- Very High
Decreasing instability[edit | edit source]
Instability can be decreased a number of ways-
- By making the pedestals symmetrical- spreading them around the altar rather then making them cluttered together.
- By putting various blocks around the Infusion Altar. This includes Tallow Candles and skulls.
The symmetry that the Thaumcraft altar uses is: Each stabilization item must, at the same Y level, have a corresponding item on the other side of a line that goes through the runic matrix.
Very important is that every unpaired stabilization item adds 10x more unstability than is removed by a paired item - so a very small number of unbalanced items can totally destabilize an altar.
Altar Ranges[edit | edit source]
- Stabilization items can be 10 below to 5 above the runic matrix, and in a 25x25 area around the matrix.
- Jars must be in the stabilization item area.
- Pedestals must be in the 17x10x17 box that is below the runic matrix.
References[edit | edit source]
Thaumonomicon entry[edit | edit source]