The Item Loader is a block added by Railcraft. It is used to deposit items from an adjacent inventory into a minecart with an inventory, such as Chest Carts. When the cart is full, or meets the requirements set in the GUI the block will emit a Redstone signal.
The Item Loader will only output items to minecarts that are vertically adjacent to it. This can be changed by upgrading it to the Adv. Item Loader.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Item Loader has to be placed above the track where the minecart to load will be. Locking Tracks are very useful when combined with Item Loaders, when set to Holding or Boarding mode, because they will stop the cart when there is no redstone signal, and will force the cart to continue when there is a redstone signal.
Items can transferred into the Loader by either placing a container next to it, or by routing items into it using pipes or similar blocks.
GUI[edit | edit source]
In the GUI there is a Filters section, a Buffer section, and a few buttons. The Filters section determines which items and how many are taken from the inventory. The Buffer section is the place to put items to be loaded. Any adjacent inventories' items will automatically be put here.
The buttons determine the way the Loader will function:
- All: Move all items from the Buffer.
- Transfer: Move the exact items in the Filter.
- Stock: Move items until the destination matches the Filter.
- Excess: Keep the items in the Filter, and move everything else.
- Immediate: Emit Redstone if no items were moved.
- Complete: Emit Redstone when the move is complete.
- Manual: Never emit Redstone.
- Partial: Emit Redstone if no items were moved and the cart is not empty.