Large Turbine (GregTech Community Edition)
|This article is a work-in-progress.|
It may be finished in the near future, check its history to see previous edits.
The Large Turbine is a multiblock generator added by GregTech Community Edition. It is capable of producing large amounts of Energy Units (EU). It comes in 3 variants: Steam, Gas, and Plasma. The amount of Steam/Gas/Plasma used depends on the Turbine built in. It slowly speeds up, so it should be used for constant Energy supply.
The main Turbine block changes the fluids the turbine can run with.
- A Large Steam Turbine runs on Steam and will output Water in addition to the Energy Units.
- A Large Gas Turbine runs on any burnable gases (ie. Methane, Hydrogene, Ethylene and LPG.
- A Large Plasma Generator runs on all types of plasma generated in the Fusion Reactor.
The Large Turbine requires a turbine rotor. Turbine rotors vary in efficiency and durability.
- Durability: About every 240 ticks, the turbine takes , where "currentSpeed" is the current speed of the turbine and the "normalSpeed" is a constant 6000 RPM.
- Efficiency: A percentage factored into the power output of the turbine (Max efficiency to attain: 100%)
Building the multiblock:[edit | edit source]
The Large Turbine is assembled as a 3x3x4 (long) multiblock structure. The entire frame must be made from Turbine Casings.
The Front-Center of the multiblock must be a Rotor Holder. The Back-Center must be an Energy Output Hatch.
The sides (including top and bottom) must include:
- 1 Controller
- 1 Input Hatch
- 1 Output Hatch (required for Steam and High Pressure turbines)
The remaining sides are Turbine Casings. The two center blocks remain air blocks. The 9 Blocks in front of the Turbine also must be air blocks.
After that, a Turbine must be placed in the Rotor Holder's GUI. The turbine starts automatically after the fuel has been supplied and the Rotor has been put in the Holder.
Once the turbine has been started, it will continue in "On" mode until it is deactivated (intentionally or otherwise). It will not deactivate by running out of fuel.
Rotors[edit | edit source]
This table lists the attributes of all available vanilla GTCE Turbine Rotor materials.
As the method to create turbines is exposed to CraftTweaker, various modpacks add their own Turbine Rotors. Their efficiency can be determined from this equation: .
Math[edit | edit source]
Max Energy Output[edit | edit source]
To determine the turbine's energy output (expressed in EU/t) you can use the following equation:
- baseEnergy = 2048
- bonusEnergy is modpack-dependent, but the default value is 6144
- rotorEfficiency is the efficiency of the Rotor put into the Rotor Holder
- normalSpeed is a constant 6000 RPM
- currentRotor speed is the momentary speed of the rotor. The max speed for the Rotor is determined by the tier of the Rotor Holder.
There are 3 tiers of the Rotor Holder:
Max Energy Output Examples[edit | edit source]
- Assuming the bonusEnergy= 15'000, the RotorHolder to be MAX and while using a Rose Gold Rotor, we get the max energy production rate at 26'595 eu/t.
- Assuming the bonusEnergy= 11'600, the RotorHolder to be LuV and while using a Vanadiumsteel Rotor, we get the max energy production rate at 9'008 eu/t.
- Assuming the bonusEnergy= 22'000, the RotorHolder to be HV and while using a Naquadah Rotor, we get the max energy production rate at 10'100 eu/t.