|Mod||Extra Utilities 2|
The Magical Boomerang is an item from the Extra Utilities 2 mod which functions both as a tool and a ranged weapon.
When held in the player's hand, the boomerang may be thrown by right-clicking. It will travel in a straight line from the player until it either reaches its max range or hits an object or entity. It will then automatically return to the player, passing through walls if necessary. The boomerang will also pick up any loose items in its path and bring them back to the player.
When the boomerang strikes a mob or player, it deals 2 hearts of damage to it (which may be reduced by armor). Its effect as a weapon can be modified by both enchantments and potions.
By default, the boomerang has no durability and will not break with use.
Applying Potions[edit | edit source]
When placed in a crafting grid with any Lingering Potion, the boomerang will gain the effect of that potion and apply it to any living entity it strikes. The duration of the effect will be half that of the original potion.
When given a potion effect, the boomerang gains a durability bar which decreases with use. When the durability bar is exhausted, the potion effect is removed and will need to be re-applied.
Enchantments[edit | edit source]
The Boomerang may be customized with a number of unique enchantments. These enchantments are not available as Enchanted Books and most vanilla enchantments cannot be applied (with the exception of Unbreaking).
- Bladerang increases the base damage of the Boomerang by 2 hearts per level, up to 5 levels.
- Boomereaperang will allow the boomerang to harvest any crops in its path as if the player broke them.
- Burnerang will cause a struck mob to be lit on Fire.
- Kaboomerang will add an explosion effect to the boomerang when it strikes a block or a mob with increasing levels (up to 5) increasing the damage of the explosion. The explosion will not break blocks but will damage entities in its area of effect. At higher levels the explosion is likely to destroy dropped items.
- Zoomerang increases both the speed and effective range of the boomerang. The effect is increased with the enchantment level (up to 3 levels).
Recipe[edit | edit source]