|EU use||5 EU/t|
|EU storage||2,000 EU|
|MJ use||0.00005 MJ/t|
|MJ storage||0.02 MJ|
|RF use||20 RF/t|
|RF storage||8,000 RF|
|Tesla use||20 T/t|
|Tesla storage||8,000 T|
The Metallurgic Infuser is a machine added by Mekanism. It is used to infuse one substance into another. It is an important machine because it produces components which are required for other machines and items in Mekanism. For example, it transforms Iron Ingots into Enriched Iron and further into Steel using Coal. The machine is also used as a component to craft the Basic Infusing Factory.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Energy supply[edit | edit source]
The Metallurgic Infuser requires energy to operate, which can be supplied directly by using portable power devices like the Basic Energy Cube or placing a generator or energy storage device next to it, or indirectly via cables. In addition to the machines from Mekanism, the generators, energy storages and cables of all supported power systems (IndustrialCraft 2, Thermal Dynamics, BuildCraft and Tesla) can be used to supply energy to it. If no external energy supply is available, power can be supplied by portable energy storage cells, like the Basic Energy Cube or RE-Battery, which can be inserted in the energy slot in the GUI.
GUI[edit | edit source]
Right-clicking on the machine opens its GUI (shown in the picture).
Slots[edit | edit source]
- The purple slot and the fill level indicator to the left are for the consumables. Each transformation requires a specific consumable (e.g., Coal or Redstone), which can be added via the purple slot. The item is consumed immediately and stored in the internal storage of the block, which is displayed by the fill level indicator. Once inserted the consumables cannot be retrieved. They can only be consumed, or deleted by using the "Dump" button on the right.
- The red slot is for the base material to be transformed.
- The product appears in the blue slot.
- The green slot and a fill level indicator on the right side are for the energy. A charged power source can be placed in the green slot to power the machine if no external power supply is connected.
[edit | edit source]
- The upper-left button (called "Side Config") opens the configuration of the Enrichment Chamber, where the player can set which side should receive energy as well as receive or emits items. If a side is disabled, no cable connects on this side. In order for the machine to transfer its products to a pipe system or an adjacent machine, "Auto Eject" must be enabled here. If the player holds the Configurator in their hand, the cube displays a color code on the side the player is looking at. Grey means "Off", green means "Input energy", red means "Input item" and blue means "Output item". Shift right-clicking on a side with the Configurator changes the configuration of each side.
- The middle-left button (called "Transporter Config") opens a GUI which allows the player to define specific rules for routing items if mechanical pipes are connected.
- The lower-left button changes the displayed energy system between Energy Units, Redstone Flux, Minecraft Joules, and Tesla. The change only affects the display; the energy is still available in all forms inside the system.
- The upper-right button opens the upgrade GUI. Upgrades can be added here, such as the Energy Upgrade to improve energy efficiency. Other possible upgrades are the Speed and MufflingUpgrades.
- The middle-right button opens the GUI to configure the access rights for the machine.
- The lower-right button changes the behavior to Redstone:
- "High" = operates only if a signal is received
- "Low" = operates only if no signal is received
- "Disabled" = operates independently from redstone signals