Misty World Guide: Agriculture
Farming in the Misty World is not an easy task. Due to the presence of such parameters as humidity, porosity and humus content in the soil blocks, the process of agriculture is not limited to planting seeds and harvesting. For stable plant growth, it is necessary to monitor all the above parameters and choose the right type of soil. If everything is done correctly, the soil will reward you with an increased harvest.
Soil fertility[edit | edit source]
The first and main parameter affecting the crop is soil fertility. Even if a Farmland made on the the Misty World soil is moistened and lit, plants can still not grow on it precisely because they lack nutrients. This can be judged by a lighter shade of soil. To make up for this shortcoming, you need to click on the upper side of the Farmland (or on the plant itself above it) holding fertilizer in your hand. After each such action, the humus content in the soil will increase by 2 % until it reaches 8 %. This is the maximum percentage that can be contained in the soil, unless it is pure humus.
As you might guess, if the percentage of humus in the soil can be increased, then it is also able to decrease. This happens every time a crop ripens. In this case, soil fertility drops by 2%. Consequently, from one fertile Farmland crop can be harvested up to three times. However, if you are trying to accelerate plant growth with Bone Meal, soil fertility will decline after each use.
Soil type selection[edit | edit source]
The main parameters for choosing the right type of soil is its porosity. It affects the roots of plants and, as a result, their survival, ripening time and amount of harvest.
The following are recommendations for specific categories of plants:
|Porosity||Plant type||What is it suitable for|
|I||Swamp Plants, Cereals||Wheat|
|II||Cereals, Vegetables, Tubers||Wheat, Potatoes, Beetroot|
|III||Tubers, Gourds||Potatoes, Beetroot, Carrot, Pumpkin, Melon|
Soil mixing[edit | edit source]
To achieve the desired result, it may sometimes be necessary that type of soil that is not available. Fortunately, this is not a big problem. In the Misty World, soil blocks are a completely renewable and transformable resource.
Firstly, soils of various types and fertility can be mixed with each other to obtain new types.
Secondly, certain types of soil can be obtained independently by mixing a Humus block and other fertilizers with various types of materials, such as Gravel, Sand, Clay, etc.
Fertilizers[edit | edit source]
Moisturizing[edit | edit source]
In most climatic zones, the soil is moistened naturally, due to air humidity, and it is not worth worrying about the drying of the Farmlands. And even if the Farmland dried out on a hot afternoon, then at night, when the humidity rises, it will get wet. This effect can be observed even in the Savanna, but the increase in humidity there is not very long. In this regard, there is a problem of growing plants in regions with a hot climate. This will be written below.
Drying protection[edit | edit source]
The best protection of Farmlands from drying out is their mulching. To do this, click on the upper side of the Farmland (or on the plant itself above it) holding a mulch in your hand. After this action, and until the mulch layer rots, the Farmland is protected from trampling, and its drying takes place much less frequently.
In addition to the above effects, the mulch layer is able to increase the fertility of the Farmlands by 2 %, if the Farmlands are already completely depleted. However, after this, the mulch disappears.
Desert Agriculture[edit | edit source]
Crops[edit | edit source]
Agriculture in arid areas such as the Desert and Savanna deserves special attention. The main problem in these places is the lack of soil moisture, which, combined with the effect of leaching of humus, makes the problem practically unsolvable.
However, there are several tricks that can make life easier for lovers of a hot climate:
- Consider yourself lucky if you intend to grow wheat on clay soil. In this case, you can simply place the Farmlands near the water. But it is worth remembering that increasing the fertility of these Farmlands above 6 % is pointless, since the humus will be washed with water.
- The situation is worse with plants that prefer porous soils. In this case, the Farmlands should be placed at a distance of 2-3 blocks from the water source, so that the soil has time to moisten, but the humus was not washed out too much.
Trees[edit | edit source]
Another strategy should be chosen in the case of growing trees:
- You should have no problem growing local drought tolerant breeds. They are able to absorb moisture from cool night air. You just have to give them such an opportunity.
- If you decide to grow trees from other climatic zones, then there are your tricks:
- Firstly, it is recommended to use exactly those types of soils on which these tree species are used to grow. Many of them become very whimsical in extreme conditions.
- It is necessary to monitor both the moisture content of the soil block under the tree and its fertility. Fortunately, the fact that the trees of the Misty World have a developed root system and are able to suck out nutrients from neighboring blocks of soil comes to the rescue. That is, even in the worst case, if the tree needs porous soil, around the block on which it grows, you can still place several moist blocks of clay soil as a source of nutrients for the roots of the tree. The main thing is not to forget that the central block of the soil itself must be moistened, as blocks of clay soil placed on all sides will be an obstacle to moisture.
See also[edit | edit source]