MultiMC is a free, open-source launcher system for modded Minecraft specially designed to overcome the features lacking on the official launchers, such as offline gameplay and Linux support.
It is managed by a two person team.
Features[edit | edit source]
The main features that MultiMC brings to the launchers' ecosystem are:
- Simultaneous control of multiple Minecraft instances.
- Custom icons and groups for instances.
- Management of multiple Minecraft user profiles.
- Ability to play offline.
- Starting Minecraft with a custom resolution and Java arguments.
- Changing Java's runtime options (including memory options such as MaxM and MinM).
- Showing Minecraft's console output in a color coded window.
- Killing Minecraft easily if it crashes or freezes.
- Forge integration (automatic installation, version downloads, mod management).
- Minecraft world management, with copying and renaming features.
- Importing and exporting Minecraft instances to share them with anyone.
- Support for every version of Minecraft that the vanilla launcher does, including snapshots.
- Management of server and client text logs and in-game screenshots taken during gameplay.
- Automatic Curse modpack downloads. (Since version 0.6.0.) You no longer need third party tools. Just import a Curse modpack zip. (It will also successfully download archived mods.)
Version history[edit | edit source]
There is no official changelog formatted version history available. Most of the updates for the launcher are posted on the official blog.
[edit | edit source]