The Pike is a neutral mob added by Upgrade Aquatic. It is a fish that attacks other fish, baby turtles, and anything that attacks it. It comes in several variants. Pikes can be captured in a Bucket and Pike Buckets can be purchased from the wandering trader.
Spawning and Variants[edit | edit source]
Each variant spawns in different biomes at different rates, they spawn much more commonly Pickerelweed and are otherwise rare. They have a chance to spawn with random fishing junk and treasure in their mouths.
- Amur Pike is small and only spawns in swamps
- Redfin Pickerel is small and spawns in swamps and rivers
- Brown Northern Pike spawns in swamps and rivers and has a 20% chance to be replaced by its spotted variant
- Mahogany Northern Pike spawns in swamps and rivers and has a 20% chance to be replaced by its spotted variant
- Jade Northern Pike rarely spawns in swamps and rivers and has a 20% chance to be replaced by its spotted variant
- Olive Northern Pike rarely spawns in swamps and rivers and has a 20% chance to be replaced by its spotted variant
- Spectral Pike is extremely rare, and spawns in swamps and rivers
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Pike frequently hide in Pickerelweed which makes them undetectable to other fish. When fish detect Pike, they swim away from them. Pike fight with each other over fish, grabbing the fish from one another. They will never attempt to eat or attack Pufferfish or Lionfish.
Spectral pike create unique particles upon successfully killing something
Pikes can only hold one item in their mouths, with any type of fish taking priority over everything else.
Drops[edit | edit source]
If a Pike dies while holding an item that it did not spawn with, that item is dropped. Pike will drop itself like other fish. Eating a pike yields hunger restoration and saturation equal to Raw Beef and Steak when eaten raw or cooked respectively. Pike have a 5% chance to drop Bone Meal.