- This page is about the Printer Manual V2.0 added by GregTech 5. For other uses, see Printer Manual V2.0.
Printer Manual is a book added by GregTech 5. It is one of many Written Books that may be found in dungeons to help the player learn how to use GregTech 5. It can also be crafted by using Squid Ink fluid and a Book in the Printer.
— Printer Manual V2.0
This Manual explains the different Functionalities the GregTech Printing Factory has built in, which are not in NEI.
Most got NEI Support now, but there is still some left without it.
1. Coloring Items and Blocks: You know those Crafting Recipes, which have a dye surrounded by 8 Item to dye them?
Or the ones which have just one Item and one Dye in the Grid? Those two Recipe Types can be cheaply automated using the Printer.
The Colorization Functionality even optimizes the Recipes, which normally require 8 Items + 1 Dye to 1 Item and an 8th of the normally used Dye in Fluid Form, isn't that awesome?
2. Copying Books: This Task got slightly harder. The first Step is putting the written and signed Book inside the Scanner with a Data Stick ready to receive the Data.
Now insert the Stick into the Data Slot of the Printer and add 3 pieces of Paper together with 144 Liters of actual Ink Fluid.
Water mixed and chemical Dyes won't work on Paper without messing things up!
You got a stack of Pages for your new Book, just put them into the Assembler with some Glue and a piece of Leather for the Binding, and you receive an identical copy of the Book, which would stack together with the original.
3. Renaming Items: This Functionality is no longer Part of the Printer. There is now a Name Mold for the Forming Press to imprint a Name into an Item, just rename the Mold in an Anvil and use it in the Forming Press on any Item.
4. Crafting of Books, Maps, Nametags etc. etc. etc.: Those Recipes moved to other Machines, just look them up in NEI.