Reactor Redstone Port (Big Reactors)
- This page is about the Reactor Redstone Port from Big Reactors. For other uses, see .
|Reactor Redstone Port|
The Reactor Redstone Port is a block added by Big Reactors; a Reactor Redstone Port can be used as either and input or an output to allow for greater control of a reactor. It must be placed on the face of a multi-block reactor, but cannot be on an edge.
A Reactor Redstone Port can only function as a single input or output, but several ports may be placed on a single reactor. Each port also has to be set individually, and its GUI is accessed via right-clicking on it.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
Input[edit | edit source]
- Turn the machine on and off, based on signal.
- Adjust control rod insertion.
- Eject waste to a reactor access port.
Output[edit | edit source]
- Fuel temperature (c)
- Casing temperature (c)
- Fuel to waste mixture (%)
- Fuel amount (mb)
- Waste amount (mb)
- Energy amount (%)
Uses[edit | edit source]
While the uses for a Reactor Redstone Port are many, a few examples may help when designing a reactor.
- As a safety to stop the reactor should the coolant run out.
- As a safety to stop the reactor should the core temperature rise too high.
- As a safety in case a turbine is disconnected or destroyed.
- To control how much fuel is inside a reactor.
- To lower a control rod to slow a reaction down.