Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This page is outdated. Please update this page to reflect recent events or newly available information. Please see the talk page for more information.|
|Mod||Originally Thermal Expansion 3|
Redstone Flux (RF) is a form of energy that was released with Thermal Expansion 3. It is designed to be very simple to use and low on server impact.
Description[edit | edit source]
Transport[edit | edit source]
There are several methods of transporting RF:
- BuildCraft's kinesis pipes.
- Draconic Evolution's energy crystals
- Ender IO's conduits.
- Extra Utilities's energy transfer nodes and wireless RF battery
- Immersive Engineering's wire
- Thermal Dynamics's fluxducts (leadstone, hardened, redstone, resonant, cryo-stabilized).
- Flux Networks's Flux Points and Flux Plugs
Usage[edit | edit source]
RF is fully compatible with machines and tools from the following mods:
- Draconic Evolution
- Extra Utilities
- Ender IO
- Immersive Engineering
- Industrial Foregoing
- MineFactory Reloaded
- Progressive Automation (Energy Acceptor)
- Railcraft (Flux Transformer)
- Redstone Arsenal (Redstone Flux based tools)
- Simply Jetpacks
- Thermal Expansion
Production[edit | edit source]
RF can be produced using machines from various mods:
- Advanced Generators
- Big Reactors's reactors and turbines
- Botania's Mana Fluxfield
- BuildCraft's engines
- Draconic Evolution's Draconic Reactor
- Environmental Tech's solar panels
- Extra Utilities's generators
- Forestry's engines
- Immersive Engineering's various machines (such as Culinary Generators and other generators)
- Industrial Foregoing's generators
- Railcraft's steam engines
- RFTools's Coal and Endergenic generators
- Solar Flux's solar panels
- Thermal Expansion's dynamos
Storage[edit | edit source]
RF can be stored using machines from various mods (incomplete list, please work on it)
- Mekanism's Energy Cubes (Basic, Advanced, Elite, Ultimate)
- Thermal Dynamics energy cells (leadstone, hardened, redstone, and resonant).
- Ender IO's Capacitor Banks
- Draconic Evolution's Energy Storage Multiblock and Wyvern/Draconic flux capacitors
- Integrated Dynamics Energy Batteries
and the internal energy buffer of most RF producing machines. Note that you cannot typically input into these buffers, they simply exist to store excess the machine produces.