- This page is about the Scaffolding added by OpenBlocks. For other uses, see .
The Scaffolding is a block from OpenBlocks.
Intended to provide players with an inexpensive means of accessing hard-to-reach locations, Scaffolding is constructed from only sticks and is easily and quickly broken and collected without tools. Additionally, the block will self-break after a period of time, thus providing a means to reach high places without leaving a 'nerd pole'.
Note: Unlike scaffolding blocks from other mods, OpenBlocks Scaffolding does not function as a ladder, nor are there any row/column placement shortcuts. These blocks must be placed like any other minecraft block.
Self-Decay Testing[edit | edit source]
While the rate of scaffold decay can be adjusted in the config, in testing, it was hard to clearly determine how long individual scaffold blocks would remain before breaking.
- A single block, placed on the ground, not connected to any other scaffold blocks, broke after ~40 seconds.
- Horizontal rows of 2 or 3 scaffold blocks, each lasted over 3 minutes without any breakage.
- A vertical column of 2 sometimes had the lower block break after 10 seconds, but other times lasted several minutes.
- A vertical column of 3 had the bottom-most block break after about 3 minutes, then the top block at 4 minutes, leaving the middle block still floating after 5 minutes.
Caution is advised when using these blocks.
Recipe[edit | edit source]