Spooky Jam 2018
|Spooky Jam 2018|
|Start date||October 1st, 2018|
|End date||October 15th, 2018|
- This page is about Spooky Jam 2018. For other uses, see .
Spooky Jam 2018 was a Halloween-themed mod-making event hosted by Darkhax of Minecraft Mod Development. Mods were to be "spooky, dark, and mysterious" or "fit the seasonal theme of fall/autumn." Unlike most mod-making events however, it was not a competition but just designed for participants to have fun. The mods had to be created between October 1st and 15th, had to be visible sourced and made for 1.12.2 under a few rules.
At the end of the event, 9 participants were randomly chosen to receive a 200 curse point prize each, part of which was donated by Darkosto and tiffit. The winners were Martacus, Pyrofab, gegy1000, gigaherz, ochotonida, Pricea1, WolfyPaws, Cipher_Zero_X and Virtuoel.
On the 21st of October, a public server was opened hosting the event's official modpack up until the 5th of November. Mods from the previous year were also added to the server later on.
Mods created[edit | edit source]
- Harvester's Night (by Lykrast)
- Scarecrows (by bl4ckscor3)
- Eyes in the Darkness (by gigaherz)
- Jack-O'-Launcher (by ochotonida)
- Witchery Style Vampirism (by spectre0987)
- Costume (by Darkhax and WolfyPaws)
- Discarnate (by Virtuoel)
- Sanity (by tikkadatla)
- SkeletalBand (by Pricea1)
- The Midnight (by Cipher_Zero_X, gegy1000, Martacus and Endergized)
- PumpkinCarve (by jaredlll08)
- Eerie Entities (by jaredlll08 and Darkhax)
- Shadowrite (by TheCallunxz)
- Stygian End: Biome Expansion (by SuperFluke)
- Dead Man's Abyss (by Pyrofab, RiverLeviathan and UpcraftLP)
[edit | edit source]
- The Spooky Jam 2018 announcement
- The Spooky Jam 2018 modpack on CurseForge
- The Minecraft Mod Development Discord server (where event communication was conducted)
- The submission page