Taint Poison (Thaumcraft 6)
- This page is about the Taint Poison added by Thaumcraft 6. For other uses, see .
Taint Poison is a status effect added by Thaumcraft 6. It inflicts damage over time (1 () every 40 ticks for level I, with each following level having halved cooldown of the previous), similiarly to the Wither status effect. If the affected entity is tainted, it will be healed 1 () instead. Undead mobs are not affected by this effect. It can be healed with Milk or an equipped Verdant Heart Charm.
Taint Poison is caused by:
- walking on tainted blocks,
- getting attacked by Taint Seeds , Tainted Slime or Tainted Crawlers,
- collapse of very unstable Flux Rifts,
- getting hit by a Bottle of Taint,
- one of instability effects of infusion.
If a mob is damaged by Taint Poison when it has less than 2 () health, it has a 50% chance to be tainted. Tainted mobs have an additional 25 ( × 12.5) health and their behavior is altered to be hostile towards players.
Death to Taint Poison is reported as "<player> was corrupted by Taint".