Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Xbony2 I think that the "Coal" disambiguation is worthless, mainly because the "material" coal isn't a thing, maybe "coal dust" and "plates" are a thing, but there isn't a thing named "coal" as a material. The correct way to approach this should be a more complete page on "coal" on the "Vanilla" page. --Frenchiveruti (talk) 02:58, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support. Other material pages like Iron don't make this distinction. --SirMoogle (talk) 06:05, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- The Coal material is an Ore Dictionary material used by Tech Reborn, GregTech 5, GregTech 6, etc. The Coal item is the gem version of the Coal material. -Xbony2 (talk) 14:33, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- I agree. I don't really understand why there's a distinction here. The recipes for the coal gem can be in #Recipe#Vanilla like on the Iron. Retep998 please weigh in since you are the material bun. -- SatanicSanta🎅FTB Wiki Admin 16:41, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Coal is a material. It is in the list of materials added by GregTech, has an oredict suffix, and has a full set of material forms added by GregTech. As a result it deserves a material page. The question should really be whether to have Coal and Coal (material) or Coal (disambiguation) and Coal. 🐇Retep998🐇🐰Bunny Overlord🐰 21:49, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- That doesn't really address the issue though. We don't have a page for Iron Ingot so why should we have a page for the Coal item? -- SatanicSanta🎅FTB Wiki Admin 18:16, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
- I am okay with getting rid of articles on vanilla items that are just a material + a form, because we don't have articles for such items from other mods. Anyone who disagrees with this wants me to spam tens of thousands of bot generated articles for all the GregTech meta items. 🐇Retep998🐇🐰Bunny Overlord🐰 22:40, 8 August 2017 (UTC)