|Supported Minecraft versions||1.8.9|
Thaumcraft 5 is an overhaul of the Thaumcraft 4 mod by Azanor for Minecraft 1.8. Thaumcraft is based off of the form of magic known as Thaumaturgy. A person who performs Thaumaturgy is called a Thaumaturge. This person is also defined as a person who works wonders and performs miracles using the magical essences inside physical objects.
Major changes from Thaumcraft 4
- Scanning and research have been modified. The research minigame is about the same, except each note has its own pool of research points, instead of all notes sharing the same pool.
- The aspect tree has been simplified and the number of aspects reduced.
- Golems are completely redone.
- Nodes have been changed and work with the new Aura mechanic. Instead of finding nodes haphazardly, the new Aura recharges wands in the hotbar. There is at least one node per chunk, "giving" its Vis to other nodes, until all seven aspects balance out.
- Centivis has been removed completely, and in its stead, all counts of vis have been multiplied by 100. This means no energized nodes, no centivis relays, and no node stabilizers. Wands still work the same.
- Taint is more dangerous and more Thaumcraft machines produce Flux.
- Main article: Thaumonomicon (Thaumcraft 5)
The Thaumonomicon is a reference book of all things thaumaturgical. It lists all current discoveries and gives a general impression of how much is left to learn.
Whenever the player finishes researching something and uses the associated scroll it will be added to the Thaumonomicon, which will allow the player to click on the relevant Thaumonomicon entry to show more detailed information and crafting recipes associated with those discoveries.
Amber Bearing Stone
- Barrow Den
- Infested Greatwood
- Sinister Obelisk (Single obsidisian obelisk with sinister node)
- Wisp Altar (Spawns in Hill biomes, has a sinister node and wisp spawner)
- Eldritch Altar (Entrance to the Outer Lands, Perhaps has cultists)
- Magical Forest Biome
- Tainted Lands Biome
- Outer Lands Dimension
- Thaumcraft 4/5/6 on the Minecraft Forum
- Thaumcraft 4/5/6 on CurseForge
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (API)
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (localizations and bug reports)
- Support Azanor on Patreon