We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Latest Minecraft version||1.8.9|
Thaumcraft 5 is an overhaul of the Thaumcraft 4 mod by Azanor, for Minecraft 1.8. Thaumcraft is based off of the form of magic known as Thaumaturgy. A person who performs Thaumaturgy is called a Thaumaturge. This person is also defined as a person who works wonders and performs miracles using the magical essences inside physical objects.
Major changes from Thaumcraft 4[edit | edit source]
- Scanning and research have been modified. The research minigame is about the same, except each note has its own pool of research points, instead of all sharing the same pool.
- The aspect tree has been simplified, and the number of aspects reduced.
- Golems were redone completely.
- Nodes have been changed and work with the new Aura mechanic. Instead of finding nodes haphazardly, the new Aura recharges wands in the hotbar. There is at least one node per chunk, "giving" it's vis to other nodes, until all seven aspects balance out.
- Centivis has been removed completely, and in it's stead, all counts of vis have been multiplied by 100. This means no energized nodes, no centivis relays, and no node stabilizers. Wands still work the same, however.
- Taint is more dangerous, and more Thaumcraft machines produce flux.
Thaumonomicon[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Thaumonomicon (Thaumcraft 5)
The Thaumonomicon is a reference book of all things thaumaturgical. It lists all the discoveries made so far and gives a general impression of how much is left to learn.
Whenever the player finishes researching something and uses the scroll, it will automatically be added to the Thaumonomicon. Then the player can browse through the discoveries and click on them to show more detailed information and any crafting recipes associated with those discoveries.
World generation[edit | edit source]
Flora[edit | edit source]
Ores[edit | edit source]
Amber Bearing Stone
Structures[edit | edit source]
- Barrow Den
- Infested Greatwood
- Sinister Obelisk (Single obsidisian obelisk with sinister node)
- Wisp Altar (Spawns in Hill biomes, has a sinister node and wisp spawner)
- Eldritch Altar (Entrance to the Outer Lands, Perhaps has cultists)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Magical Forest Biome
- Tainted Lands Biome
- Outer Lands Dimension
[edit | edit source]
- Thaumcraft on the Minecraft Forum
- Thaumcraft on CurseForge
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (API)
- Thaumcraft 5 on GitHub (localizations and bug reports)
Guides[edit | edit source]