|Latest Minecraft version||1.12.2|
Thaumcraft 6 is a reimagining of the Thaumcraft 5 mod by Azanor. Thaumcraft is based off of the form of magic known as Thaumaturgy. A person who performs Thaumaturgy is called a Thaumaturge. This person is also defined as a person who works wonders and performs miracles using the magical essences inside physical objects.
The mod is currently in beta on 1.12.2. On January 14, 2019, Azanor announced that he has discontinued development.
Major changes from Thaumcraft 5[edit | edit source]
- Wands were removed and replaced with the Caster's Gauntlet and related blocks and items.
- Vis no longer comes from nodes, but is spread throughout the environment. Each chunk has a pool of vis. Vis spreads slowly to and from neighboring chunks.
- The Eldritch was not implemented.
- The Thaumonomicon has been heavily restructured and no longer takes research points from aspects.
- The research minigame has been heavily restructured and no longer takes research points from aspects.
Thaumonomicon[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Thaumonomicon (Thaumcraft 6)
To start Thaumcraft 6, a Thaumonomicon is required. This can be obtained by mining an Air Crystal, a Fire Crystal, a Water Crystal, an Earth Crystal, an Order Crystal, an Entropy Crystal, or a Flux Crystal. Once this is done, a message will appear encouraging the player to sleep in a Bed. After waking up, the player will receive a book titled Strange Dreams, which instructs them to use Salis Mundus on a Bookshelf to acquire the Thaumonomicon.
The Thaumonomicon is a reference book of all things thaumaturgical. It lists all the discoveries made so far and gives a general impression of how much is left to learn.
The player can browse through the discoveries and click on them to show more detailed information and any crafting recipes associated with those discoveries, plus any addendums they may have discovered.
World generation[edit | edit source]
Flora[edit | edit source]
Ores[edit | edit source]
Amber Bearing Stone
Biomes[edit | edit source]
Guides[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Early in Thaumcraft 6's development, Azanor considered significantly altering the mod, and somewhat jokingly referred to it as "Thaumcraft II" (not be be confused with Thaumcraft 2). As such, Thaumcraft II was briefly used as a nickname.
[edit | edit source]
- Thaumcraft 4/5/6 on CurseForge
- Thaumcraft 4/5/6 on the Minecraft Forum
- Thaumcraft 6 on GitHub (localizations and bug reports)
- Support Azanor on Patreon
References[edit | edit source]