Tilesheet reminder[edit source]
ic2 addons[edit source]
How to edit the big Headings[edit source]
Hey Xbony I would to translate the Blood Magic beginners Guide to German but first I would edit the Big heading: "Getting Started (Blood Magic)/de" to a german title. After that I would delete the link under the heading, look at it yourself: https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started_(Blood_Magic)/de
- Hello and welcome ^^ I just deleted the page since it was empty (you can recreate it). So basically, only a certain group of pages that are translatable, and in order for a page to be proper translated it needs to be marked for translation (which I can do). When properly marked it becomes very easy to translate it (including the title). Getting Started (Blood Magic) currently isn't marked for translation. I can mark for translation and plan to, but first I want to ask you, is it up to date? I'd rather not mark it up and have you translate it if changes have to be made to it first. If it is I will mark for translation ASAP. -Xbony2 (talk) 22:37, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
- that's not happening -Xbony2 (talk) 21:40, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
Fix your bot[edit source]
Thaumcraft 6 referred to as "Thaumcraft II"[edit source]
Hopefully this is the correct way to have a conversation. I don't have much experience with public wiki editing.
Other links from the same thread:
"Still, I have not yet committed to "Thaumcraft II". I am still seeing how it will work and how the balance will be. If I am not satisfied with the results and I will just do a port of TC 5."
"Hehe, it was probably not clear but my calling it TC II is sort of a joke in a way. I've already just listed it as TC 6.0.0 in the code."
Thaumcraft II was a potential name for less than 2 weeks. Thaumcraft 6 is not Thaumcraft II. A note about Thaumcraft II would be fine as a footnote, but it shouldn't be in the first sentence as a valid alternative name. VT 14 (talk) 17:39, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- It was called that widespread for a little while. I don't think it's taking up too much room or anything. Because of the numerals and context, it seems unlikely it would be confused with Thaumcraft 2, though maybe a note could be added or something. -Xbony2 (talk) 20:04, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- My take on the Minecraft Forum posts is that Azanor was deciding on which project to go with; an iteration on Thaumcraft 'I' (Thaumcraft 6), or to change things up significantly and make Thaumcraft II (version 1). Azanor was using the terms to describe two different possible paths for the mod. We got Thaumcraft 6, and Thaumcraft II was dropped (at least for now). They would have ended up as different projects, and the terms haven't been interchangeable in years.
- As for "It was called that widespread for a little while." First off, that statement is in past tense, while the note on the article is in present tense. Also, I would call that a misunderstanding by the community, which the official wiki should not be spreading, especially two years after the fact. As for "Widespread" I have only seen it on this Wiki and briefly on the Minecraft Forums when it was being talked about. Searching in Google also brings up a Reddit post about it, but otherwise I get a lot of (questionable) Thaumcraft 2 stuff, and a few youtube videos that are clearly on Thaumcraft 5 or earlier.
- If you insist on having a note about Thaumcraft II remain on the page, then I would like to at least move it into a trivia section near the bottom. VT 14 (talk) 21:12, 10 September 2018 (UTC)