Warp (Thaumcraft 4)
- This page is about the Warp added by Thaumcraft 4. For other uses, see .
Warp is a mechanic added by Thaumcraft 4. As the player performs more Research in the Thaumonomicon, they will accrue Warp from topics that are noted to contain "Forbidden Knowledge." Warp may also be acquired when crafting certain items in an Infusion Altar or by being attacked by entities of an eldritch nature. With the more Warp a player attains, the more severe and frequent Warp events will occur, which include (but are not limited to):
- "Strange voices whisper secrets to you": the player gains research points in a random primal aspect.
- Paranoia: The edges of the screen dim for a few seconds and is accompanied by a series of heartbeats. May be accompanied with text in the chat box such as "Something is behind you."
- Unnatural Hunger: The player's vision turns red and hunger is quickened. Eating normal food items decrease the hunger bar faster. Can be cured by eating Rotten Flesh or Zombie Brains.
- Sun Scorned: The player's vision brightens like Night Vision, although the player will take damage and be set on fire if exposed to the sun.
- Mind Spiders: Translucent Mind Spiders with 1 () health point each pursue the player to inflict damage on them. This event is accompanied with text in the chat box: "They're everywhere! RRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!"
- Thaumarrhea: Player is afflicted with a sudden bout of Thaumarrhea and will occasionally produce Flux Goo where they are standing.
- Flux Flu: Player is afflicted by a sudden bout of Flux Flu, which increases Vis costs..
- Flux Phage: Player is afflicted by a sudden bout of Flux Phage. They will act as carriers and pass it on to nearby unaffected entities. Vis costs are increased more than when afflicted by Flux Flu.
- Deadly Gaze: Any mob directly looked at by the player takes damage.
- "You gain a sudden bout of clarity": Some sticky Warp is removed.
- "Your perception expands": Player temporarily gains Night Vision.
- Eldritch Guardian descent: A fog materializes and 0-5 Eldritch Guardians appear to attack the afflicted player.
There are three types of Warp:
- Permanent Warp: Gained from researching topics containing "Forbidden Knowledge." Cannot be removed.
- Sticky Warp: Usually gained from crafting certain items in the Infusion Altar. Can be removed by bathing in Purifying Fluid or using Sanitizing Soap.
- Temporary Warp: Usually gained from being attacked by eldritch creatures. Will disappear over time, but can also be removed by bathing in Purifying Fluid or using Sanitizing Soap.