Water Tank (Railcraft)
- This page is about the Water Tank added by Railcraft. For other uses, see .
The Water Tank is a multiblock structure added by Railcraft. It is used to store and collect Water. This multiblock structure will passively collect Water depending on the environment it is built in (see Water). The tank can hold a maximum of 400 Buckets of Water.
Construction[edit | edit source]
It cannot be built directly next to another Water Tank; there must be at least one block in between. It is built in a 3x3x3 cube with a hollow center out of Water Tank Sidings.
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Water Tank will automatically insert water into pipes and adjacent liquid inventories (such as a BuildCraft Tank) connected to the sides and bottom of the tank. Water can be piped into the Water Tank using fluid pipes connected to the top of the tank.
Water[edit | edit source]
To determine the average amount of water condensed by the Water Tank (as of Railcraft 126.96.36.199, Minecraft 1.7.10), follow these steps:
- Get the biome's "Rainfall Property" from the table below. The central column of the structure is the one determining what biome will be used for the calculation.
- If none of the blocks in the structure can see the sky, divide this number by 2 and skip to step five.
- If at least one of the blocks in the structure can see the sky and it is raining†, multiply this number by 3.
- If at least one of the blocks in the structure can see the sky and it is snowing†, divide this number by 2.
- Round the number down.
- The water tank will produce, on average, this number of millibuckets every eight ticks (x/8 mB per tick).
†Weather is considered to be binary and will exhibit two modes at most in biomes. Arid biomes will not exhibit weather. Rain biomes (the default) will rain. Snowy biomes will exhibit snow.
|Sky (End biome)||5||Arid|
|Mushroom Island Shore||10||Rain|
|Extreme Hills Edge||3||Rain|
|Birch Forest Hills||5||Rain|
|Cold Taiga Hills||4||Snow|
|Mega Taiga Hills||8||Rain|
|Mesa Plateau F||5||Rain|