Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Feed The Beast Wiki:Modsummer Night's Dream
|This page is archived and is kept primarily for historical purposes. Please do not update it.|
The Modsummer Night's Dream (an editathon) is an event for any and all FTB Wiki contributors to take part in. It starts on June 28th 2018, 0:00 AM UTC and ends on July 5th.
New editors are encouraged to create or extend or translate or improve any of the documentation as desired! Anything that improves this wiki counts. Experienced participants should work on helping newcomers if possible, as well as maybe finishing off anything that's been lingering on the TODO list for too long. Participants do not need to edit continuously, although they are encouraged to sink a fair amount of time into the editathon.
It is recommended to stay in contact with other editors through the FTB Wiki Discord (or the connected IRC channel) in order to prevent edit conflicts, ask for help and suggestions, and generally improve the experience by sharing it with others.
Sign-ups begin at June 26th! You can sign up late/during the editathon as desired. To sign up, just add your name to the.
Newbie help section
- Not sure how to get started? Maybe try.... the getting started guide! There are also other pages worth looking at, including the manual of style and article creation guideline.
- If possible, asking for the creation of a tilesheet (what's used to make all of the little pictures) for a particular mod is easier to take care of before the editathon than during. If need be, you might be able to ask an experienced editor to make a navbox for you if you can't be bothered to do that.
- Collaborating to document a particular mod is certainly possible, but keep in mind MediaWiki as not as good at handling collaborations as something like Google Docs. If collaborating, make sure to communicate with your partners so you don't accidentally write the same article independently, and consider backing up your edits (just copying them into the clipboard before saving is usually good enough) if working on an important page to avoid potential edit conflicts.
- Don't be shy to ask for help! The Discord (or ) is the best place to do this.
- The host (Xbony2) will give a $20 Steam gift card (or 400 Curse Points, or a $20 Amazon gift card, or something of equal value, don't worry he has money) to the participant with the most contributions of both quality and quantity, based on participant voting using these voting rules. Steam is not a sponsor of this promotion, nor does the FTB Wiki have any association with Steam.
- Additionally, Gamepedia will automatically give "PRO" subscriptions to active editors. This removes ads and may have other perks. This is technically not a prize that is given to each editor, but it is likely if you are active enough you will receive it automatically. For information on PRO, see the Help wiki.
- Xbony2 working on... I really don't know. I kinda I need to go through tilesheet/navbox updates for like all of the mods I've worked on. Currently kinda feeling it for Rustic and Immersive Engineering.
- Red_Tek working on... Not anything specific in particular, but I'd like to focus on Gendustry as information relating to it is brief and I really like the mod :P
- TheSatanicSanta working on perhaps Witchery or Ender IO or Tinkers' Construct who knows
- Codewarrior0 working on GregTech 6, mostly machines and covers
- Intipablo working on Better With Mods, Spanish translations, Practical Logistics 2, and probably CraftTweaker + its addons... I'll also most likely work on some other, smaller mods from Enigmatica 2.
- Geforce working to add SecurityCraft and descriptions for all its features to the FTB Wiki.
- ImmortalPharaoh7 working on probably Wizardry.
- warlordjones working on... SteamAgeRevolution and Runecarved and maybe some other BGC/TAC mods.
- Trytoonex working on OpenBlocks maybe.
- EdgeworthCatfish working on Career Bees.
- Super_fluke trying to finish up Industrial Foregoing.
- Logantastic working on Astral Sorcery.
- Squiggly Androsa working on Twilight Forest, I have extensive knowledge about it.
- Crazierinzane working on Cyclic again. I probably won't have time to contribute much.
- Retep998 potentially might possibly do some editing maybe.
- Hubry possibly doing Astral Sorcery if he finds time. Or something else like Twilight Forest or Thaumcraft 6 or Botania.
- DSquirrelGM tentatively planning on starting some tutorials and reference material for Compact Machines.
- SirMoogle going to take on a more copyedit-heavy role as Steam Summer Sale is stealing his time.
- SGSpikedRocker I can fill in some of the Refined Storage stuff and take a look at adding Reborn Storage stuff that is related to this.
- A_frosted_one is going to try to document the mods from Modjam 5, maybe a bit on his own mods too.
- Iqvoice adding items from the Torchmaster modpack.
The Modsummer Night's Dream was very successful! It was advertised on /r/feedthebeast, the site notice, and the FTB Wiki Discord. This editathon had 21 editathoners total, which is a record! (The 200k Editathon is in second place with 17). Not all were active, but it appears there were more active editathoners total than any other editathon.
After voter consensus we decided that intipablo deserved the gift card the best, based on his contributions to Better With Mods, translation markup, Practical Logistics 2, and the Spanish section of the wiki. We applaud their services, and the services of the other editathoners that also worked hard. If you didn't win, don't be disappointed; your contributions are still greatly appreciated and maybe you'll have another chance to win in a future editathon.
Since the editathon is over, all editathoners can take it easy! We do encourage you newbies, however, although we don't require you, to continue editing. Of course, you're absolutely free to edit at your own pace, or to not edit at all. You can continue and aim to finish the projects you started and maybe start new projects as well.
The next editathon... we'll see. Hopefully there can be something before the end of the year, but what kind of editathon it will be we don't know yet. Feel free to shoot any suggestions at Xbony2.