Feed The Beast Wiki:Translators' noticeboard
|This page is for posting information and issues that affect translators.|
Issues appropriate for this page could include: General announcements, translation and proofread requests, clarification, translation of terms.
(bg): Тази страница за постване на информация и проблеми засягащи преводачите.
(de): Diese Seite dient zur Auflistung von Informationen und Problemen, die Übersetzer betreffen.
(es-ni): Este página es para actualizar información y problemas que afectan a los traductores.
(fr): Cette page est présente pour poster les informations et les problèmes qui affectent les traducteurs.
(pt-br): Esta página é para postar informações e questões que afetam tradutores.
(ru): Эта страница предназначена для высказывания информации и проблем, касающихся переводчиков.
(tl): Ito pahina para magpaunawaan mga balita at mga suliranin para ang mga translator.
|This page is multilingual.
(bg): Тази страница е многоезична.
(de): Diese Seite ist mehrsprachig.
(es-ni): Este página es purilingüe.
(fr): Cette page est multilingue
(pt-br): Esta página é multi-idiomas.
(ru): Эта страница — многоязычная.
(tl): Ito pahina ay multiwika.
|Old notices will be moved to the the archive:|
(bg): Старите съобщения ще бъдат преместени в архива.
(fr): Anciens notices vont allées dans l'archive.
(pt-br): Avisos antigos serão movidos para o arquivo.
(ru): Старые сообщения будут перемещены в архив.
(tl): Ang mga luma abiso maglipat sa archive.
Documentation Template/Thing[edit source]
Requesting that the Template:Documentation or whatever creates that Documentation box thing at the top of pages to be translatable. Not really sure how this thing works but it would be good if it was translatable so that not every translated doc in other languages would have a massive title in a foreign word ("Documentation") at the top of it. Intipablo (talk) 10:31, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- Been intending to do it for a while, but I have to admit translation of template documentation has been somewhat low priority for me. -Xbony2 (talk) 11:30, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
- We still planning on translating the Documentation template? --SirMoogle (🐥 • 💬 • 🌟) 22:07, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Metal/Ore Pages[edit source]
Requesting that the following metal/ore pages be marked for translation in no particular order: Steel, Tin, Lead (metal), Coal, Iron, Gold, Nickel, Silver, Invar, Zinc, Electrum, Aluminium. Currently Copper is the only metal page I can see that is translatable, they are a bit too advanced for me to markup and I'd consider them pretty important to be translated. Maybe after one or two are done I'll try my hand at the others. Intipablo (talk) 10:45, 23 June 2018 (UTC)
Infusion Altar Grid Template[edit source]
Manual Tilesheet Translation[edit source]
Is there a way to change the automatic translations of the tilesheets? I have just translated the Extra-Utilies Drum into German and see that the little picture is not "Fass" as it should be called, but "Trommel". Correctly it should be called "Fass". -- The preceding unsigned comment was added by Qwertxquartx (talk • contribs)
- There is, yeah, through the Special:TileList. You can't do this without Editor permission though, which I can nominate you for. You should join the Discord btw, we kinda use it a lot more for discussion than here (noticeboards are much better for longer discussions though). -Xbony2 (talk) 18:58, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
Deletion of language-translations that have extremely little translation progress[edit source]
Yeah, see title. If languages have very low progress in translation, it can be confusing for readers. For example:
- [this] (last translation ca. 0.5 years ago)
- [this] (last translation ca. 5 years ago)
- [this] (last translation ca. 6 years ago)
- [this] (last translation ca. 7 years ago)
- [this] (last translation ca. 1 year ago)
- [this] (?)
- [this] (?)
So, i see no reason to keep translations into that languages. And, by the way, I suggest that you delete pages with 0 or 14% progress in the translation (if nothing happens over weeks/months) (for example [here]. If you come from <ko> you may cant understand anything)
- Nah I don't wanna delete anything, since I don't really have an issue with incomplete pages (you can see that they may be incomplete in the language bar with the little colors). It's also because I distrust deleting pages with Extension:Translate which has been known to be buggy. -Xbony2 (talk) 17:28, 25 March 2020 (UTC)
Redirect-pages translated item/blockname > Block/Language[edit source]
And another Idea:
Ok, this would be much to do (especionally do it active), but may helpful (i think).
The Idea: For Example, create a redirect page from Massenfertiger to Mass Fabricator/de or from Steinbruch to Quarry/de. That would be particularly practical if someone reads the (german) name ingame and then wants to know more here, and e.g. types
So what do you think about such redirects? Qwertxquartx (talk) 18:20, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Streichholz(<-working) Qwertxquartx (talk) 20:13, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
- This is something that has been discussed before actually. My issue with it is that I don't know how much it will necessarily be used for the amount of work it requires. so I dunno. I'm not deadset against it though. -Xbony2 (talk) 17:31, 25 March 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks for the answers! Qwertxquartx (talk) 02:46, 26 March 2020 (UTC)