MFE (IndustrialCraft 2)
- This page is about the MFE added by IndustrialCraft 2. For other uses, see .
|Max EU input||512 EU/t|
|EU storage||4,000,000 EU|
|Max EU output||512 EU/t|
The Multi-Functional Electric storage unit, or MFE, is a Tier 3 energy storage unit that stores Industrial Craft EU. The MFE is capable of storing up to 4,000,000 EU and accept a maximum power input of 512 EU/t, into any of its five non-dotted sides. It will also output 512 EU/t through its dotted side, that will cause tier one and two machinery to explode violently. For using the MFE with tier two machinery you'll need a MV-Transformer to output the maximum allowed 128 EU/t for these machines, and another LV-Transformer to output 32 EU/t for tier one machinery. The MFE can be safely dismantled by using a wrench on MFE's dotted side. When broken with a wrench, a percentage of the stored power is kept, and that percentage can be configured in the IC2 config file.
A Gold Cable or higher is required to transfer energy directly from the MFE.
When placed down, the MFE will have a dot facing the direction of the player; this is the output face of the MFE. It can be rotated via the wrench as well as removed with the wrench. Right-clicking on the MFE will bring up the GUI for the block.
The upper empty slot near the middle will charge batteries and tools placed in that are compatible with IndustrialCraft 2, while the bottom slot will drain these items. The meter on the right displays the charge level of the MFE as well as it's output voltage. The upper-right redstone symbol controls how the MFE will interact with a redstone current. The settings are:
- Nothing - Nothing will happen if redstone current is applied nor will the MFE emit one.
- Emit if full - The MFE will output a redstone current when it's full.
- Emit if partially filled - The MFE will output a redstone current when there is any energy stored within.
- Emit if empty - The MFE will output a redstone current when there is no energy in it.
- Do not output energy - The MFE will not output energy if there is a redstone current present.
- Do not output energy unless full - The MFE will not output energy unless it is full while there is a redstone current present.
- For IndustrialCraft 2 Classic only - Emit if half or more filled - The MFE will only output a redstone current if it is 50% or more full.
- For IndustrialCraft 2 Classic only - Emit if half or less filled - The MFE will only output a redstone current if it is 50% or less full.
Reference & Acknowledgements[(editsection)(pipe-separator)(visualeditor-ca-editsource-section)]
- IndustrialCraft2 Wiki: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=MFE_Unit