As I complained about on IRC:
[16:16:14] <@SatanicSanta> xbony2|afk: Your recent edit revert is stupid. [16:16:18] <@SatanicSanta> http://ftb.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=World_Breaker&oldid=289342&diff=prev [16:16:25] <@SatanicSanta> xbony2|afk: They have similar functions that are not linked through a category. [16:17:11] <@SatanicSanta> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Layout#.22See_also.22_section [16:17:18] <@SatanicSanta> The links in the "See also" section might be only indirectly related to the topic of the article because one purpose of "See also" links is to enable readers to explore tangentially related topics. [16:18:12] <@SatanicSanta> xbony2|afk: There isn't a point in linking other Avaritia articles because the navbox is right below it
Just in case you missed it, Xbony2. I'm not starting an edit war, so I'm going to leave it how you left it, however I would like to discuss this change. -- SatanicSantaFTB Wiki Admin 00:19, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Bony's criteria for See also:
- A link in See also should have some sort of connection with the main topic.
- Bad connections:
- Being in the same mod (unless a mod page doesn't have a navigation box; Cloud Storage is a good example of this. Of course, in most cases it's mentioned somewhere in the body...).
- Having the same name. That's what
- Good connections:
- Being another option (especially one from the same mod/its addons)
- Being a "sub concept" of a link (there's probably a much better way to phrase this)
- A "sub concept" of the same "main concept" (this is also badly worded)
- Being a related guide (not a general "Getting Started" guide; a special and more specific guide).
- Being a derived version or having a derived version.
- Like said, anything in the See also section shouldn't repeat links that appear directly in the article's body. Thus I wouldn't put Matter Cluster in the See also section on this page.
- The See also section should allow links that repeat the navbox. Of course, being in the navbox should not be criteria to be in the See also section; a further connection should be made. On Wikipedia, navigation boxes already link together related articles; however, here links in a navigation box just have the connection of being added by the same mod (which, like I said, isn't enough of a connection to be in a See also section); further connections can be made.